Warning errors upon theme activation

Support Area Forums United Warning errors upon theme activation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Steve Fronek
    Participant

I activated the United theme in a fresh WordPress install and when I activate the theme I get the following errors:
    Warning: _() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /home/content/20/6932020/html/lighthouse/wp-content/themes/united/includes/custom-meta-boxes/united.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/20/6932020/html/lighthouse/wp-content/themes/united/includes/custom-meta-boxes/united.php:30) in /home/content/20/6932020/html/lighthouse/wp-includes/option.php on line 747

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/20/6932020/html/lighthouse/wp-content/themes/united/includes/custom-meta-boxes/united.php:30) in /home/content/20/6932020/html/lighthouse/wp-includes/option.php on line 748

If I try installing another theme of yours or a free theme, the errors will go away. What would be causing these errors with the United theme and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the trouble there. Here’s what I would suggest trying.

1. Go to the Updates section in your WordPress control panel and update WordPress. If you’re already using WordPress 3.9.2, then click the button to reinstall it. It won’t affect your content, but it will make sure the core files are correct.
    2. If that still doesn’t do the trick, then deactivate all your plugins before installing the theme. If it installs then you can activate the plugins one by one again.
    3. If either of those don’t bring about a solution, let me know and if possible send over the URL to your site and login so I can take a closer look for you. You can mark a reply here as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Thanks,
      Bill

Steve Fronek
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hello Steve,

Thank you for sending over the login. I changed that line of code and that seems to have taken care of the error you were seeing. I’ll make an update to the theme make sure that doesn’t happen to anyone else.

If you have any other questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Steve Fronek
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks Bill. Great support!
    Steve

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that did the trick. Have a great afternoon Steve 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Warning errors upon theme activation’ is closed to new replies.