Selfie on iPad

Support Area Forums Selfie Selfie on iPad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Khalid Amakran
    Participant

Hi,

For a week I’ve been enjoying the Selfie WordPress theme. What a great piece of work! There’s only one thing… Alright, two things.

When I visit my, or any other Selfie themed website on an iPad I can’t find a way to close the menu when it’s opened. On my desktop a click on one of my homeblocks does the work, but on my iPad the only way to close the menu is by refreshing the page.

The second issue I encountered is that the homeblocks don’t fill my browser screen in the same neat way as on my desktop. I only tried it in Chrome for iPad which has a browserbar that automatically hides.

I really wonder if I could fix these issues myself or that you can update the theme.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Robbins

Khalid,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great questions too. It is possible to add in a specific close button to the sidebar panel. I’ll add that to theme today and release an update so it’ll be a simple matter to close it on a touch device.

For the home block images, are you meaning that they are cropped differently on your iPad than on your desktop? In order to have that image always fill the browser window, it’s set as a background image on the site. It will always fill the browser window, but in order to do that without skewing the image, it will crop off parts of the top/bottom or left/right depending on the image and the particular device being used to view it.

Take an iPad, in landscape mode, the screen has the opposite layout as portrait. In order to fill the background completely with image, some cropping is necessary.

There is an alternative though. You can set the background images to not cover the entire background, but instead you can force the entire image to always be visible. The tradeoff is you’ll have some spots in the browser window that aren’t covered by image. The background color will be visible instead. If you’d like to give that a try, here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1023px) {

.window {
      	  background-size: contain;
      	  background-repeat: no-repeat;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

That should force the entire image to be visible when the browser is smaller than 1024 pixels wide.

Let me know if you need any help there. I’ll send out the close button update today.

Thanks,
    Bill

pablo talhouk
    Participant

Where can I find the close button update?

Bill Robbins

Pablo,

In your WordPress dashboard there is an update spot where you can find updates to WordPress, themes and plugins. You should be able to find it there.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Bill

pablo talhouk
    Participant

There are some plugin updates, but no theme update for selfie…

Bill Robbins

There is an option in the Advanced tab of the Theme Options page where you can disable updates. Check that and make sure it’s not checked.

pablo talhouk
    Participant

That was it!
    Now I can update.

Thanks Bill!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Have a great evening.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Selfie on iPad’ is closed to new replies.