Video pg Hiding Mega Menu

Support Area Forums United Video pg Hiding Mega Menu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Last question (hopefully) for today…. and thanks again for all of your help!

I work on a Mac and have had no problems with the video page, however, when my husband checked it on his PC, he go this… (see screenshot attached)

It seemed the video got stuck on top of all of the menu options.

Any idea why this happened or how to fix it?

Thanks!
    Ashley

Ashley Davis
    Participant

P.S. To access the video page, go to “What’s Happening” and click on the “Read More” under “Org. of the Month”

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Another good question. Flash on a PC can’t be positioned via CSS. Unfortunately YouTube defaults to Flash video.

The good news is it’s possible to alter the YouTube embed code so it can be seen. There’s a quick post at https://support.organizedthemes.com/youtube-and-drop-down-menus/ that can show you how to go about that.

Let me know if that won’t work for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Yes, awesome! Worked. Noticed it did the same thing when I embedded a video in the home page slideshow. But the same code fixed that as well.

One more video question. LOL, guess I wasn’t quite done with questions as I thought. Thanks for your patience and quick responses!

When I embed a video in the slide show, is there any way to keep the slideshow from advancing once the video is played? The sound continues to play, but the next slide advances over the video. Can we stop that?

Thanks Bill!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

I would love for that to work. Unfortunately the slideshow script does not support detecting if the video is playing before advancing. Probably the best way to compensate is to set the slides to manually advance.

I do look for new scripts to handle our slideshows in part for that reason. I’ve found some that will stop once a video is playing, but they’ve all had serious drawbacks so we’re still with Flexslider.

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Okay, worth asking. I think I’ll just make it link to a video page for now.

Thanks Bill!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

That may be the best compromise possible at the moment. Sorry about that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Video pg Hiding Mega Menu’ is closed to new replies.