Video Home Page

Support Area Forums Foundation Video Home Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Erin Tillotson
    Participant

I am using the video feature for rather than the slideshow on the home page. Is there a way to reduce the size of this area?

Thanks so much!

~Erin

Bill Robbins

There are a couple of things you can do here. If you’d like to edit the size of the area, here’s how to do it.

1) Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2) From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3) Look for this spot:

#slideshow {
    float: left;
    display: inline;
    width: 630px;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1;
    }

and edit the line “width: 630px;” by changing the 630 to the width you’d like for the area in pixels.

4) Save your changes.

The other option is to change the size of the video you’re embedding. You can generally set that when you are given the embed code for your video. For example Vimeo has height and width values as part of the video embed code. You can manually adjust them to get the size video you’re looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Bill

Erin Tillotson
    Participant

Thanks so much Bill!

Editing the CSS code worked perfect.

And just to let you know I did try first with the video code but the slideshow “blew up” the video to match the 630 width.

Create customer service!

~Erin

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear you got the result you’re after!

Ellen Brantley
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Is there a way to put a video on a page that is not the home page? On my home, I already have two videos – cjrsfoundation.org But I would like to have the same thing on my Events page.
    Thanks!
    Ellen

Bill Robbins

WordPress lets you add video to just about any content area (page, post and so on) pretty easily. What you’ll want to do is place the URL to the video (not a link, but the actual URL that isn’t clickable) and WordPress will automatically load the video into your page/post for you.

You can read more about it in the WordPress Codex.

If you’re using a service that isn’t supported you can use any embed code provided by that service to embed your video into a page/post too. That’s actually how I created the video archive section of this support site with videos from Vimeo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Video Home Page’ is closed to new replies.