Still background image problems

Support Area Forums Foxy Still background image problems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.socialpepper.nl
  • Author
    Richard Vermeer
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I am still having problems with getting the correct proportions of my background images. Please see the attachment. I have tried from 6000×4500 pixels to 1200×900 and also switching off “fit horizontally”/ “fit vertically”, nothing gets the background correct so that it shows the complete picture.

I want to use the space on the right next to the homepage tekst and I would like to use the space in the upper left corner of the webpage. In that case I can use the background image also for showing extra information.

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

BR,

Richard.

Bill Robbins

Richard,

Sorry for the trouble there. With a full screen background, they are created to make sure that the screen is filled vs having the entire image displayed typically. Part of the reason is it’s not possible for us to know the dimensions of the browser being used to view the site. For instance, an iPad in landscape mode and a vastly different aspect ratio than an iPad in portrait mode.

Because of that, the web browsers will try to fit as much of the background image as they can while still filling the background. The result of that though is part of the image will end up being cropped.

The only way I know of to ensure all the image will be visible would be to create a border around the actual image using an image editor of some type. You could place a black “letterbox” around all the edges of the image. That’s about the only way I know to make that work.

If I can help you out, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Still background image problems’ is closed to new replies.