Social Media not Clickable

Support Area Forums Foxy Social Media not Clickable

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.toost-drink-and-dine.nl/
  • Author
    Huub Quaedflieg
    Participant

“Social Media
    To include a service, just enter the URL for your page with that service (like http://www.facebook.com/organizedthemes for my Facebook page) and the theme will include it automatically. To leave any services out, just leave them blank”.

Hi there,

The social media icon on the mainpage is not clickable on IE, Chrome and Firefox.
    Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Huub

Bill Robbins

Huub,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. Is there any way I can take a look at your site to see what’s going on for you? At the moment there is a coming soon page so I can’t see the code. That will help me, help you out.

Thanks,
    Bill

Huub Quaedflieg
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The website is now accessible for you.
    I did put the site in “coming soon” mode. I Didn’t expect a response that quick.

If you need something else, let me know.

Thanks,

Huub

Bill Robbins

Thanks Huub.

I took a look and what appears to be happening is the “body” element is being pushed down a bit when the page is loaded. That’s taking the header bar down with it (it’s position is based on the body of the page). When the header moves down, it’s in line with the logo and ends up “behind” the element that holds the logo. Even though you can see through it, you can’t click through it. So that’s why it’s not possible to click there at the moment.

In trying to troubleshoot it, I’ve run into an unusual situation. When I view your site directly from your server, the trouble happens. If I copy your source code and create a file on my computer to view the page, the header appears at the top as expected. I typically go through the source code, line by line to track down any trouble, but in this case, that’s not an option.

Let’s try this first. Disable all your plugins. Then refresh your site and see if the header bar remains at the top edge of the screen. If it does, then turn them back on, one by one until it moves down again. Once it moves, we’ll know where the conflict is.

If I had to guess, I think it’s a bit of javascript that’s doing that. For me when I load the page, the header appears at the top and then is pushed down when some element loads.

Another option would be to make the header bar fixed in place. Fixed elements are set relative to the window. Here’s how you could do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

header#primary {
      	position: fixed;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That would leave the header bar always visible at the top of the site.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Huub Quaedflieg
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Disabled all the plugins. Problem solved!

Found the the plugin that caused the problem:

Google Language Translator
    Activeren | Bewerken | Verwijderen
    The MOST SIMPLE Google Translator plugin. This plugin adds Google Translator to your website by using a single shortcode, [google-translator]. Settings include: layout style, hide/show specific languages, hide/show Google toolbar, and hide/show Google branding. Add the shortcode to pages, posts, and widgets.

Versie: 4.0.4 | Door Rob Myrick | Bezoek plugin site

Thank you very much for the super quick response and for poiting me into the right direction.

Super theme and super support!!

Thanks again,

Huub

Bill Robbins

Glad you were able to track it down Huub. If you need anything else, just let me know 🙂

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Social Media not Clickable’ is closed to new replies.