sidebar video playing in full screen

Support Area Forums United sidebar video playing in full screen

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://allforfamlife.org
  • Author
    Greg Griffin
    Participant

Hi Bill,

When playing a video we’ve loaded in the sidebar widget, we encounter an issue when we go the full screen option. The logo and tagline “bleed” through. Your thoughts on a fix?

Thanks!
    Greg

Bill Robbins

Hey Greg,

That is a bit surprising. It looks like Vimeo’s player is thinking that the height of the mega menu is the full height of the screen and is sizing it’s video accordingly. Interestingly, YouTube’s player gets it correct when switching to the full screen.

The only way around that I came up with is to switch to Vimeo’s old embed code. When you go to copy the embed code for a video, down below the video in the pop-up there’s a series of checkmarks. Make sure none of those are checked. Then click the link for the old embed code. You can then copy that and use it for you video. When I tried that, the full screen worked as expected.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there,
    Bill

Greg Griffin
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I used the vimeo old embed code option, and it did work in full screen… without audio. It did this for the video in our about mega menu as well. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Greg

Bill Robbins

The only workaround may be to not use Vimeo or to place the video someplace besides the mega menu if you want to have full screen available as an option.

You might mention to it to Vimeo and see if they have an idea of a way around the situation.

Greg Griffin
    Participant

Bill,

(facepalm) I found it, my error. The video loads with the volume at 0. Fixed.

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Hooray 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘sidebar video playing in full screen’ is closed to new replies.