Mobile Version

Support Area Forums Progress Mobile Version

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Morgan Guiley
    Participant

In anticipation of a state-wide magazine ad coming out this week I’m trying to finish up some last minute things on my site. It looks great on our dial-up, great on wi-fi but when I had someone check it with their mobile device it looks kinda crazy–the “Contact Me” (menu) is in the middle of the logo. Is this something that I need to change? (They thought maybe my logo file was too big.) The widgets at the bottom were also stacked on top of one another-but maybe that’s part of the mobile version.

Thanks!

Morgan
    (morgandenise.com)

Bill Robbins

Morgan,

It looks like some of the changes we made earlier have caused some trouble at lower resolutions. Try replacing everything in the style.css file with the modified version on this page:

https://gist.github.com/2210007

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

Okay, I think it both worked and didn’t work. 🙂

I’m fixing it up again (ie. putting the slideshow back, newsletter bar on the front, inserting the FB link, etc) and it doesn’t seem to let me save any changes under “Theme Options”. I can insert my FB link for example, but when I click save and the page refreshes, the link isn’t there and it isn’t inserted if you just go to my site.

Thanks,
    Morgan

Bill Robbins

That doesn’t sound good. It doesn’t look like the CSS changes took place (it’s still the previous styles loading).

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3. Delete everything in the file and then replace it with the code from the link above.
    4. I used your original code so if you made any changes there, they are still included too.
    5. Save your changes.

That should take care of the styling, but editing the stylesheet shouldn’t affect being able to save changes in the theme options page. If you still can’t save changes there, try turning off your plugins for a minute and then see if you can save changes. If you can, try setting everything as you’d like it to be and then turn the plugins back on.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

Also, I’m not sure if it matters or not, but when I pasted in the modified version (from your link) it lost all the formatting–so in the editor it’s kinda crazy looking. 🙂

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

(Hadn’t see the other message before I sent that one ^) I’ll go try that now-thanks!

Bill Robbins

No problem. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

Up and running. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Bill Robbins

Now that’s what I like to hear!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Version’ is closed to new replies.