Mobile Nav no Sub Categories

Support Area Forums Foxy Mobile Nav no Sub Categories

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://yourgamebarandgrille.com
  • Author
    Andy Brulia
    Participant

Hello,

First of all I have to say thank you for Foxy, I love it. And second of all I have to apologize… I created this website for someone else, who agreed up until the last minute that we should have a side navigation on the entire site. five days before the completion date the guy decided he wanted a top nav so I amended the header.php to allow to have a top navigation.

That being said, I do have a Foxy Menu for the Mobile navigation however when I view it in mobile, there are no sub categories. I created all custom buttons in the mobile navigation menu creator and have that menu selected for the mobile navigation only.
    Do you know why I am not getting any subcategories in the mobile nav?

(I have turned off all plugins)
    Thanks,

Andy

Bill Robbins

Hi Andy,

Don’t you love last minute changes? Here’s one thing you might consider. Try using the TinyNav plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/tinynav/). It will replace a standard navigation menu with a select one on smaller screens. Newer versions of the theme use the same script that the plugin is based on to make that possible.

That will give you a better user experience on mobile devices than a standard menu with drop downs will. You can style the appearance of the menu item that’s clicked with CSS too, so it can look like the rest of your site. That’s where I would start at least.

For future sites, you may want to go with a newer version of the theme. It went through a pretty substantial rewrite back in version 2.0 (which was actually a couple of years ago now). Visually it’s the same, but I believe it works much better as a result of those changes.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Nav no Sub Categories’ is closed to new replies.