Menu

Support Area Forums Moonrise Menu

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.mastro.dk
  • Author

Hi Bill

I’ve done something strange with my webpage 🙂 the menu doesnt work, and when I update my contact info under pages, it goes under the blog…

Bill Robbins

Hello Anna,

Sorry for the trouble there. Let’s find answers for you.

I took a look at your site. The “Menu” item in your navigation looks like it may be from the demo’s sample content (which is perfectly great to use). In the demo though, that item is just a place holder for the sub-items below it. It doesn’t link any place.

What you’ll want to do is create a page for your menu. While your creating it, look in the right hand column for a box labeled Attributes. There is a drop-down menu there for templates. Choose the one labeled “Full Menu” and publish your page.

You can now add that new page to your navigation menu to replace the placeholder. That should give you a fully functioning menu and place it in your navigation.

The contact page looks like it was once the features page from the demo. Here’s what I would do. Create a new page. In the templates drop down choose the “Contact” template this time and publish your page. Add that new page to your navigation menu in place of the other one and that should bring your contact information in as expected.

If you have trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Thank you again Bill.

I managed to change, and to understand some of the logics of WordPress/Moonrise theme (im a beginner…!); that home and the menues you see scrolling down is not the same menu pages as when clicking on the menu.

Still i have some issues 🙂
    I changed ‘menu’ to ‘products’ due to our current business of distribution before opening the restaurant.
    Attached is
    1: a screendump of the our (menu/)productpage when scrolling down. Here I know how to choose which menu groups to display, under Appearance->Widgets->section two

2 a screendump of our (menu/)productpage when clicking on Products in the top right menu. Here I don’t know why antipasti and delikatesser is shown.
    Where can I access the menu from this ‘perspective’..?

What we need before we find our place to open, is a very simple webpage that the chefs around can see our products and access everything from the top.

Thank you again 🙂
    PS! Can I choose an extra theme? I just saw the price includes 2 themes.

An extra question in connection to the extra theme.
    If I want the website in 2 languages. Not now, but when we get started…
    Do I have to use the other theme and have to seperat webpages, or is there another way to integrate it into Moonrise? We would need a Danish / English button…

Bill Robbins

Anna,

Excellent question. There are several plugins out there that will let you create a multi-lingual WordPress site. WPML (http://wpml.org) is typically regarded as the best one, though there are others. They’ll allow you to create content in multiple languages and provide means for switching languages for your visitors too. It works well with our themes too.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu’ is closed to new replies.