Layout questions

Support Area Forums Authentic Layout questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi Bill,

I hope you are doing well.

I have been enjoying this theme for almost 9 months now but still have a few questions:

1. How do you change the font and colour of the titles?
    2. How do you change the font and colour on a page?
    I would like to increase the length of the slider, is there a way I can send you a screen shot so you can see how I would like it to be?
    3. Is it possible to hide the title of a page on the page itself but allow it to show on the menu? I would like the title “Media” not to show on the Media page but appear on the menu bar.
    4. Is it possible to hide the page sidebar on some pages? I would like the page slidebar NOT to show on the Media page.
    5. Also on the widget “When and Where” is it possible to add more than 3 sessions? right now it seems that we can only show maximum 3 sessions.

Here’s my website: http://www.flamesofrevival.co.uk. Any comments will be appreciated.

In advance many thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Moubsie

Bill Robbins

Moubsie,

Let’s see if we can’t you going here.

Titles

The easiest way to change fonts and colors is to use a plugin called Fontific. Install and activate the plugin. That will add in a new menu under the Appearance section called “Fonts.”

Go there and select the “Add New Font Rule” button.

That will bring you to a screen that looks like this:

This is where you’ll set the appearance of your text. To choose the text you’d like to use, enter what’s called the “selector” in the spot that says “Enter Selector Here.”

For your titles, you place this in the selector area:

.page h1, .page h2, .page h2 a

Then you can change the font and it’s properties for your page and post titles.

Page Fonts

You can use the same method with a different selector. Use this:

.page p, .page li

Hide Media Title

You can hide the title on your media page. Go to the “Theme Options” section and select the “Colors and Styling” tab. Scroll down to the bottom and paste this in your Custom CSS box:

.page-id-19 .content h1 {
    	display: none;
    }

Update your settings and that should hide the title on your Media page.

Hide Sidebar

You can hide the sidebar on pages. Go to the page where you’d like to hide it. Look ini the right hand column for a box labeled “Page Attributes.” In that box is a drop-down labeled “Template.” Choose Full Width from the drop down there. Update your page. That will remove the sidebar from that page and make the content span the full width.

More Service Times

You can add in more service times. To do that go to the Appearance section and select edit. From the list of files on your right, choose widget-contact.php. Replace all the code in that file with this:

Save your changes and that will add in three more service times for you.

I hope that helps out. If you have questions, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Thank you VERY MUCH Bill for this. I will try it and let you know if I have any queries.

One more thing: I would like to increase the length of the slider, is there a way I can send you a screen shot so you can see how bigger I would like it to be?

Regards,
    Moubsie

Bill Robbins

No problem at all. If you want to email the screenshot to us by contacting us that will work great.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Again thank you for sending the above instructions. I still have some issues with the following:

1. Hide Media Title
    I have entered the instructions you provided me with in the “Custom CSS” box on the “Colors and Styling” tab but the title Media is still showing … PLEASE HELP! 🙂

2. More Service Times
    As you have instructed I have replaced all the new code you have provided me in the widget-contact.php file. However instead of showing 5 service times it’s now only showing 2 out of 5 (less than before) … not quite sure what I did wrong. PLEASE HELP! 🙂

Many thanks,
    Moubsie

Bill Robbins

So sorry. I missed one spot in the contact widget which caused only three of those to work. I’ve corrected the code above, so replace it again and all should be well.

For the media title, let’s just skip the Custom CSS box and paste that directly at the bottom of the style.css file. You can edit the file by going to Appearance > Edit and selecting style.css from the list of files on your right.

I hope that helps out,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your message and my apologies for my late reply.

The contact widget is working fine now even if I can’t add any HTML codes.

I am still having the same issue with the media title. I followed your instructions but it is still showing. PLEASE HELP.

Regards,
    Moubsie

Bill Robbins

Mousbie,

Let’s make a little less specific. Use this snippet instead:

.page-id-19  h1 {
    	display: none;
    }

Let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Layout questions’ is closed to new replies.