I need help getting started making Progress look like the Demo

Support Area Forums Progress I need help getting started making Progress look like the Demo

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jim Moyer
    Participant

I am new to making websites and I need direction on how to set up the landing page to look like the demo. I am not sure how to place the widegets in the places to make it look like the demo. Maybe i have it all wrong. can someone help be get started?

Bill Robbins

Jim,

Thank you for your business first of all. Glad to help you get started.

The first thing you’ll want to do is create your home page. To do that, go to the Pages section in your WordPress control panel and select Add New. Once you do that, look in the right hand column for a box labeled Attributes. In that box there is a drop-down for templates. Choose “home” from that drop-down and publish your page.

Next to the Settings section and select Reading. At the top here you can choose what your front page displays. Choose to have your front page display a static page and then select the home page from the first drop down menu there and update your settings.

That should create a home page for you. Next you can add in your widgets. To do that, go to the Appearance section and select Widgets. The widgets for the home page are in the “Home Sidebar” which is the top one in the list on your right. WordPress adds several default widgets to that block that you may need/want to remove before adding your widgets to the home page.

The demo uses two “featured page” widgets and a text widget there. The featured page widgets will display a the featured image from the page you choose along with a portion of the content if you choose.

If you need help with widgets, here’s a quick video:

If you need help with adding slides to the front page, here’s a quick video for that:

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘I need help getting started making Progress look like the Demo’ is closed to new replies.