Font Family and Font Size

Support Area Forums Church Builder Font Family and Font Size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://site%20is%20not%20online
  • Author
    Emma Watson
    Participant

Hi Bill,

First of all, thank you for such a wonderful theme.

I am using church builder to create a website for scouts Australia’s Youth Program Review. Can you please help me with two things:

1) When I am customizing the theme, I am not able to change “Site Font Title size” under LOGO, and
    2) Is there any chance that I can use fonts other than the fonts provided by your theme? I preferably wants to use GoBold or Corbel.

Thank you
    Emma Watson

Bill Robbins

Hello Emma,

Thank you for your business. I really do appreciate it. Sorry for the trouble you’ve run into there. Let’s see what we can do to help out with your questions.

1. It looks like I’m running into a CSS specificity issue here. Here’s how you can get around it (I’ll change the theme for the next update):

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Choose the Advanced section and select Custom CSS.
    3. Paste this in the box for the Custom CSS:

#logo h1 {
      	font-size: 50px;
      }

4. Change the 50px to the size you’d like to have.
    5. Save your changes.

See if that doesn’t allow you to change the size of the text logo there.

It is possible to add in additional fonts. The biggest issue there is the licensing of the fonts. Many fonts, especially commercially available ones are not licensed to embed into a website so that they can be used there.

It looks like to use GoBold the creator requests a $10 donation to use it outside of a personal website. Corbel is a bit trickier since it was included with in some Windows computers, but not on Macs or mobile devices. The cost to embed it on your site so it will render the same across computers looks to be $49 (https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ascender/corbel/#style/153680).

You could always pick Corbel as your first choice in a font stack and then place something similar that’s widely used as second. Up until services like Google Fonts became available that’s how we had to approach web fonts.

If you decide to go that route, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Emma Watson
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your Support.

I can now adjust Font Size. Also, we have decided to use Corbel and I have made changes to both, CSS file and custom CSS under Advanced. Most of the things are working properly on the website, except Post Page Navigation, I have attached a snapshot with this Forum. Can you please assist with it?

Thank you
    Emma

Emma Watson
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The Problem with pagination is also solved.

Thank you
    Emma

Bill Robbins

Hi Emma,

Glad to hear that the navigation is going well. Corbel sounds like a good choice too. If you run into any trouble or questions as you use it, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Emma Watson
    Participant

Hi Bill,

As I told you, we have already implemented Corbel on our site. We also want to add GoBold font, and we have already made donations to the website.

Can you please assist us to use GoBold in our site?

Thank you
    Emma

Bill Robbins

Hey Emma,

I made a quick child theme that I hope will add the GoBold font to your options. There is a good chance that going with this child theme will turn off the default fonts for the theme. You’ll likely have to set each of the font choices in the customizer, but I believe this will do the trick for you. You can download it at https://support.organizedthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/church-builder-custom-font.zip

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Font Family and Font Size’ is closed to new replies.