Content Header Text Color

Support Area Forums Live Content Header Text Color

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: www.northshorewoc.com/wp/
  • Author
    Participant

I’m back Brian. 🙂 I can’t get the text to change color. Tried last night and this morning.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jeff,

There are two spots in the theme where you can change the text color. Which one you use just depends on what you’d like to change.

Widgets & Sidebars

To change your widget text (on the home page) and in your sidebars, go to the Appearance section and select Customize. Open the Content options on your left and you’ll see “Sidebar Text.” That’s the option to change the color of the text in your sidebars and also the home page widgets.

Main Content Text

To change the main content area’s text color, also go to the Customizer and choose the content options. The one you’re looking for now is called “Content Text Color.”

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Participant

Something is still buggy. Changing Content Text Color does nothing. The Sidebar Text will change but it changes both the text in the content header and the text within. When I try to just change Content Headings Color, nothing happens as well.

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

Let’s approach this a different way. What text specifically on your site are you looking to change? If you’ll point to some specific text, I’ll be glad to show you how to make an adjustment there.

If you change the text color in a widget, it will also change the widget title color. There is a separate control that you can use to change it independently, but if a color isn’t selected for the title and you choose a new one for the widget text, it’ll change the title too.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

On homepage, I want the 3 widgets to have white as the header title. Also, off this particular topic… but I also don’t see how to add the social media icons at the Navigation section.

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

My apologies…I thought there was a separate control for the widget title color. You can still set it though. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#home .widget-title,
      #sidebar .widget-title {
      	color: #fff;
      	border-color: #fff;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That will set them to white. If you end up wanting a different color, you can change the #fff above to adjust it. You can change the border color there as well.

For the social icons, they are part of the navigation menu. If you'll look in the navigation section in the theme instructions (https://support.organizedthemes.com/live-theme-instructions/) it'll walk you through how to add them.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

Once again… you helped like a boss. I would like to throw out one quick request for down the road I guess. I would love to see an Instagram social media link as well, since it has become quite popular. But other than that, fantastic themes! Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Will do Jeff. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Content Header Text Color’ is closed to new replies.