Category Posts Sidebar

Support Area Forums United Category Posts Sidebar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Shannon Blosser
    Participant

Hi Bill!

I am using categories to create different “blog” pages (press releases, blog 1, blog 2, etc). So I am using the category name in menus. Currently when you click on one of those menu items it comes up nicely with a list of the posts and looks like it should have widgets in the sidebar but nothing shows up. I’m wondering if there is a way to make widgets show up in the sidebar on these archive pages. Hopefully that makes sense. Here is a link to one of the pages: http://66.147.244.60/~mrliborg/category/reference-blog/ I’ve placed the widget in the Page Sidebar (and Post Sidebar) and used the visibility options but changing it to “Show if Category is Reference Blog” doesn’t seem to do the trick.

Shannon

Bill Robbins

Hi Shannon,

For post categories, you’ll want to set that up inside the default sidebar. Try moving the widgets for your post categories there and see if that doesn’t work out better for you.

Before good sidebar management plugins were commonplace, I used to make lots of sidebars that would appear under different circumstances. Now I typically just make one sidebar for all inside pages and let users create new ones or choose where widgets are visible as that’s typically easier. But to keep backwards compatibility, if a theme ever had these sidebars, we leave them in.

Let me know if you can’t get the widgets to show up using the default sidebar.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Shannon Blosser
    Participant

Thank you! I knew it had to be something simple! 🙂

Hope you have a great weekend as well!

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick Shannon 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Posts Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.