Cannot Get Sidebar or Widets to display in Blog Page

Support Area Forums Church Builder Cannot Get Sidebar or Widets to display in Blog Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://66bible.church/blog/
  • Author

I have added an event widget…its not visible?
    I have enabled RHS Side Bar..its not visible?

Can you help matey?

Best regards

Robert

Bill Robbins

Hi Robert,

Good question. The blog page inherits the default layout that’s set in the content section of the customizer (Appearance > Customize in your dashboard). I believe if you switch that to one of the sidebar options there it should cause it to appear.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick for you,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hey Robert,

You could also edit the body-tag.php file to allow you to choose the layout directly on the blog page. Replace all of the content of that file with this:

(See support site for code).

Be careful making that edit if you do it inside the WordPress admin since it is a function file. You can always temporarily disable the theme and make the edit with another theme active. Then preview Church Builder before activating it to make sure all is well. That’s a good way to guard against PHP errors locking you out of the admin.

And I believe that will allow the layout option directly on the blog page to work like the other pages. The Page Builder option won’t do anything, but the sidebar/no-sidebar options should work after that.

Bill

Hey Bill

I selected the features page in the Customizer and this gave me a RHS side bar and enables site builder.
    Its very sloppy though…..I live and hate Church Builder all at the same time!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot Get Sidebar or Widets to display in Blog Page’ is closed to new replies.