Banner above logo

Support Area Forums Foundation Banner above logo

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.felixfund.org.uk
  • Author
    Naomi Klein
    Participant

Hello Bill
    I hope you are well and wish you a happy new year.
    My client asked me this question:

We are joining up with a major event later this year. To that end our partners would like us to run a web banner on our site and need to know the size.

To my mind, the best place is above the logo and tagline.
    (a) What is the best way to do this? Does it mean a php change? (aaaargh!)
    (b) What is the size (given that we want it to be responsive)?

Kind regards

Naomi

Bill Robbins

Hi Naomi,

New Years was great around here. Hope you have enjoyed 2016 so far.

Great questions. There are two ways you could add the banner to your site. You could use a plugin like DW Promobar (https://wordpress.org/plugins/dw-promobar/). These add a banner to the top of your site and may be a good option for you. There are lots of them out there. I don’t remember specifically if you can add an image with this one. If you can’t you could make your banner a background image if necessary for the banner’s bar.

The other option would be to edit the header.php file. If you’d like to have the banner outside of the “wrap” that the site sits in, you can add in the HTML for it above this line:

<div id="wrap" class="clearfix">

If you’d rather have the banner be the full width of the site’s content area and not extend beyond that, then place it just below that line.

The content area of the site is 960 pixels wide so that would be the width you’ll want to use. The height is variable just depending on what you need. The image should resize automatically based on screen size so you should be good to go with mobile too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,
    Bill

Naomi Klein
    Participant

Worked beautifully – thanks!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Banner above logo’ is closed to new replies.