All the Podcast Images Have Vanished

Support Area Forums Epic All the Podcast Images Have Vanished

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    James Pyles
    Participant

At the request of the church staff in charge of this project, I took the site public today. It required some tweaking in wp-admin, on the host’s end, and with the domain registrar, but it’s finally available at mfbc.org.

At the advice of bluehost, I ran a wp plugin called velvet blue that converts all of the old URL links to the current one. It worked like a charm…except for the images that are supposed to display with each podcast series.

I checked in Podcast -> Series, and sure enough, the URL’s hadn’t changed. I removed the image links and recreated them with the correct links. But the images still do not appear. I can’t figure out why. Can you think of what I might be overlooking?

Here’s a link to the page in question: http://mfbc.org/morning-sermons/

Thanks.

Oh, and since I’m going to be transitioning control of the site to someone on the church staff, what’s the best way to do that?

James Pyles
    Participant

Darn. Forgot to click the box for replies before I hit “submit.”

Bill Robbins

That is unusual. I took a look at that page and in the source code the image tags there are empty. Any chance you could email me a login to your site so I can take a quick look at the backend of it?

For transitioning to a staff person, you could create them an administrative account or an editorial account. If you go with the administrative one, I’d encourage them not to use the theme or plugin editor or install plugins without running it by you. Sometimes people go crazy with adding every plugin under the sun which can make things a nightmare.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending that over James. This is quite unusual, but here’s the solution that I’ve found. It looks like one by one, you’ll need to remove the images that are there and then upload them again. I gave that a try with the Ladies Ministry series and that brought the graphic back up.

WordPress does not have built-in support for adding featured images to “taxonomies” which are post categories and things like our speakers and series are. So sometimes when moving or importing those images don’t make the transition well.

Sorry about the trouble, but it looks like you can add them in again and you should be good from that point going forward.

If you need any help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘All the Podcast Images Have Vanished’ is closed to new replies.