Adding Images to Slider

Support Area Forums Progress Adding Images to Slider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

Can’t seem to find a way to add new images to the slider?
    The video does not show this either other than say use a different number.

Rick

Bill Robbins

Rick,

You can publish new slides like you did the previous ones. Go to the Media section in your Control panel and select Slides. You’ll see the list of your existing slides there. Just above the list, next to where it says “Slides” you’ll see a button to create a new slide. Click on that and you can then publish a new slide.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

Sorry, I was not clear. I want to add images to the same slide giving them a position number. I don’t see how to add the additional images.

Bill Robbins

Ok. In the demo, there are four images in the slideshow. Each image comes from a separate slide. So to have more than one image in your slideshow, you’ll need to create one slide per image. I’ve attached a screenshot of the backend from the demo.

The image that’s displayed on the front end of the site is the featured image of the slide. That’s the only way to have an image appear there.

If you need to have more than one image in the same slide, you’ll need to use a photo editor like Photoshop to merge the separate images into one that you can then upload.

Let me know if you still have any trouble,
    Bill

HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

ahhh, I thought that a slider contained multiple images and you could have different sliders for different pages.

So, the final question is… how could you create a second, third slider with different images for each? I might need to do this for each section of my site.

thanks…

Bill Robbins

You can still have sliders on your inside pages and posts. To do that, edit the page (or post) where you’d like to have one. Look in the right hand column and you’ll see a box for “Formats.” Choose gallery from the options there.

Now every image you upload while editing that page (or post) will be included in a slideshow at the top of the page. You don’t have to insert the images into the page content. As long as they are uploaded while editing that page they will be included there.

If you want to use an image that has already been uploaded, you’ll need to upload it again while editing that page so that it’s included in the slideshow.

Once you publish your page it should look like this post from the demo.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Images to Slider’ is closed to new replies.