your thoughts…

Support Area Forums Live your thoughts…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://cotroc.org/newsite
  • Author
    Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hey Bill,
    Question i’d like your opinion on! I’m still building this website to replace the old, horrid one! Here’s the deal. We need a page or a maybe a few, that are accessable to only certain people…like our small group leaders, where they can download materials they need , fill out forms, etc. So two questions:
    1. Do you know of a good plug-in for the uploading documents to have them in turn be able to be downloaded by the users?
    2. What would be the best way to approach these pages? Just make them private and add a passcode? or create an actual log-in page? and if it’s the log-in page…not sure how that works??

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
    Thank you!!

Bill Robbins

Hello Micah,

Great questions. For making the materials available, I’d recommend the download monitor plugin. It’s a good plugin that will let you upload documents and allow your users to download them easily. It’s how I distribute our themes.

For the login system, there are quite a few options out there. You might try the Groups plugin. Unlike the download one, I don’t have experience with this one yet, but I may use it to replace the aging one on our support site this summer as part of a ground up rebuild. It looks like it could be a good fit for what you’d like to do.

I do think having some type of membership will be better than having everyone essentially share a password that they can’t reset or retrieve on their own.

If you run into any questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hey Bill! Thanks for the thoughts! I’ll give them a try! I really appreciate your awesome support!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘your thoughts…’ is closed to new replies.