xml file … which folder do they go in?

Support Area Forums Moonrise xml file … which folder do they go in?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    david McIlvride
    Participant

Bill, I downloaded the xml files … but I can’t remember where to put them on my ftp site. Which folder do the files go in, so I can use the ‘pre built pages’?
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

David,

Thank you for your business first of all. To use the XML file, go to the Tools section and select “Import.” Follow the prompts (WordPress will install a plugin) and import the content.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

david McIlvride
    Participant

Thanks Bill … yes, I love the simplicity of the theme. I’ve done as you suggested … I’m just having a little trouble getting it to look like the example at the moment. I love just a big image on the home page, with no type .. then the ability to scroll to the next page. At the moment, I can’t get the full image with just the logo and the navigation menu on page 1 (home) … suggestions?
    Thanks again for the quick reply.

Bill Robbins

David,

Sorry for the trouble. Did you happen to see the theme instructions? It explains how to set up the home page there.

If you’d like to send over a link to your site, I’d also be glad to take a look and point you in the right direction too.

Thanks,
    Bill

david McIlvride
    Participant

Thanks for the offer Bill … I’ll go through the instructions and work through them, plus the pages I’ve uploaded from the xml files and I’ll see if I can figure it out. If I still can’t get it, I’ll send you a link. Again, thanks for the help. Good customer service.

david McIlvride
    Participant

Bill, I got it all figured out, for the most part and it’s looking pretty good. One last thing (and I tried to find it on the faqs), can I delete the sidebars on my pages. I just want clean pages, without any comments, or posts showing.
    Thanks.
    d

Bill Robbins

David,

You can hide the sidebars if you’d like to. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS and paste this:

#sidebar {
      	display: none;
      }

#content {
      	width: 100%;
      	float: none;
      	margin: 0 auto;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should hide the sidebar and make the main content area fill the full width for you.

If you need anything, let me know,
    Bill

david McIlvride
    Participant

That did the trick Bill … thanks a lot. Everything looks good and I appreciate your quick response and great customer service.

Bill Robbins

That’s great news David. If I can help with anything, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘xml file … which folder do they go in?’ is closed to new replies.