WordPress 3.5 compatible?

Support Area Forums Progress WordPress 3.5 compatible?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Zoltan
    Participant

Just wondering if this theme is ready for WP3.5 yet. Has anyone tried it?

Bill Robbins

Great question. The demo sites are all running 3.5 and I they worked without trouble. The only thing was a bit odd was the upload buttons on the theme options page were cut off just a bit (they still functioned). The current version has that fixed if you’d like to use it.

I would strongly recommend that you back-up your site before upgrading just to be on the safe side.

If you do run into any trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Zoltan
    Participant

Thanks. It works fine after the upgrade. I found a plugin called Theme-Check and ran it against Progress, this is what it came back with. I’m not a developer so I’m not sure how important any of this is but it might be useful:

REQUIRED:.sticky css class is needed in your theme css.
    REQUIRED:.gallery-caption css class is needed in your theme css.
    RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( ‘custom-header’, $args ) was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.
    RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_theme_support( ‘custom-background’, $args ) was found in the theme. If the theme uses background images or solid colors for the background, then it is recommended that the theme implement this functionality.
    RECOMMENDED: Tags: is either empty or missing in style.css header.
    WARNING: Found ini_set in the file includes/mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php. Themes should not change server PHP settings.
    Line 80: ini_set(‘arg_separator.output’, ‘&’);
    Line 90: ini_set(‘arg_separator.output’, $orig_sep);
    WARNING: fwrite was found in the file includes/mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php possible file operations.
    Line 115: fwrite($sock, $payload);
    WARNING: fsockopen was found in the file includes/mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php possible file operations.
    Line 103: $sock = fsockopen(‘ssl://’.$host, 443, $errno, $errstr, 30);
    Line 105: $sock = fsockopen($host, 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);
    WARNING: fread was found in the file includes/mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php possible file operations.
    Line 119: $response .= fread($sock, $this->chunkSize);
    WARNING: fclose was found in the file includes/mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php possible file operations.
    Line 122: fclose($sock);
    WARNING: .ds_store Hidden Files or Folders found.
    RECOMMENDED: Screenshot size should be 600×450, to account for HiDPI displays. Any 4:3 image size is acceptable, but 600×450 is preferred.
    RECOMMENDED: get_theme_data found in the file options.php. Deprecated since version 3.4. Use wp_get_theme() instead.
    Line 26: $themename = get_theme_data(STYLESHEETPATH . ‘/style.css’);
    RECOMMENDED: get_theme_data found in the file includes/press-trends.php. Deprecated since version 3.4. Use wp_get_theme() instead.
    Line 18: $theme_data = get_theme_data(get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/style.css’);
    RECOMMENDED: TEMPLATEPATH was found in the file functions.php. Use get_template_directory() instead.
    Line 4: load_theme_textdomain( ‘organizedthemes’, TEMPLATEPATH.’/languages’ );
    Line 74: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/comment-functions.php’);
    Line 75: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/post-types/slides.php’);
    Line 76: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/fields.php’);
    Line 77: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/scripts.php’);
    Line 78: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/images.php’);
    Line 79: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/widgets.php’);
    Line 80: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/widget-video.php’);
    Line 81: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/content-limit.php’);
    Line 82: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/titles.php’);
    Line 83: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/custom-js.php’);
    Line 84: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/press-trends.php’);
    Line 85: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/gallery-post-type-functions.php’);
    Line 86: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/widget-facebook-like-box.php’);
    Line 87: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/widget-mailchimp.php’);
    Line 88: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/widget-featured-page.php’);
    Line 92: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/post-types/staff.php’);
    Line 97: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/post-types/sponsors.php’);
    Line 102: include(TEMPLATEPATH.’/includes/custom-css.php’);
    INFO: Possible hard-coded links were found in the file footer.php.
    Line 15:

© /’>
    Organized Themes

INFO: includes/widget-mailchimp.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
    Line 83: require_once(‘mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php’);
    INFO: includes/newsletter-bar.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
    Line 30: require_once(‘mailchimp/MCAPI.class.php’);
    INFO: inc/options-framework.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
    Line 73: require_once($optionsfile);

Bill Robbins

Glad you’re working well after the update. I do use the Theme Check plugin along with several other developer plugins while making and updating themes. It’s primary purpose is to serve as a guide for people submitting themes to the WordPress.org theme directory. It helps speed up the review process for their team.

I appreciate that they make the tool available that they make the tool available for us all to use.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress 3.5 compatible?’ is closed to new replies.