WordPress 3.3 crashed my site….NO ACCESS to ADMIN

Support Area Forums Agency WordPress 3.3 crashed my site….NO ACCESS to ADMIN

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I upgraded to the latest version of WordPress. Now I can’t even login in to the admin, my site want come up…nothing. What in the world happened? I was able to get into the back end for a few minutes after uploading but was very sluggish. Now, I can’t do anything. Please tell me I haven’t lost my site. Not sure what to do or who to contact.

Bill Robbins

Matt,

So sorry to hear about that, but most likely your content is still ok. Since you were able to login after the update, it could be that your server doesn’t have enough memory allotted to your site to run the new version (or run it well). That could cause you to be unable to load your site and might not lock you out immediately.

You could try deactivating all of your plugins (if you can login again) and see if you’re able to do better. The extra functionality they add, does require a bit of memory so sometimes that can be enough of a difference to let you back in. You could also disable all your plugins at once by using your web host’s control panel or a FTP program to temporarily rename your wp-content/plugins folder to something else (like plugins1). Just be sure to change that back to plugins if you change the folder name.

If you do need to roll back your WordPress installation, here’s how to do that.:

1. Download a copy of WordPress 3.2.1 from http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
    2. Unzip the archive and delete the wp-content folder from inside the folder you downloaded.
    3. You’ll need to use a FTP program to upload the 3.2.1 version of WordPress back up to your server. If you’re on a PC, Filezilla is good, free FTP program. If you’re on a Mac, you can use a free program called Cyberduck. You should be able to get the FTP username and password for your site from your web host’s control panel.
    4. Upload the 3.2.1 version of WordPress up to your server.
    5. Once the upload is finished, see if you can then login

If I can help, just let me know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress 3.3 crashed my site….NO ACCESS to ADMIN’ is closed to new replies.