WooCommerce

Support Area Forums Forward WooCommerce

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
URL to the page in question: http://hohindia.org
  • Author
    Jennifer Needham
    Participant

I was able to get WooCommerce set up but now I have headings such as, “Shop-Cart-Checkout”, etc. I am just wanting to set it up like the Forward sample with “Donate” and that link to have the giving opportunities. Help please!

Bill Robbins

Hi Jennifer,

When WooCommerce is installed it creates several pages for you like “Shop,” “Cart,” “Checkout” and so on. You can change the names of these to fit your needs. Go to the pages section in your WordPress dashboard. Click on the page you’d like to change. At the top of the page will be the page’s title. You can edit that if you’d like to. When you’re finished, update your page.

You can include or exclude any of these pages from your navigation menu. That’s up to you. Personally I would suggest having the cart page in there somewhere in your navigation so that people can get to it if they leave the checkout “funnel” to visit a different page before they complete the donation. You want to make sure they can get back and finish the transaction.

To create a donation item, go to Products in your Dashboard and click on Add New. Since our system is built on top of WooCommerce, you may want to browse through their documentation a bit at http://docs.woothemes.com/document/managing-products/ for creating products.

If you’d like to create a campaign to raise money towards a goal, you can find the instructions for that at https://support.organizedthemes.com/campaign-extension/ .

In the demo, the donation campaign is added via a widget. Once you’ve created a product that’s a campaign you’ll be able to add it via a widget too.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

Ok…I followed the directions and made good progress for someone who has no idea what they are doing! 🙂 I added the “name your price” plug-in but don’t see the “donate” button on that page?

I am still working on getting the PayPal email from the non-profit treasure. Do you have a link with directions on setting up payment methods for WooCommerce?

Thank you SO MUCH!

Bill Robbins

Congratulations on the progress. For the donate button to be visible, you’ll need to add a price for the “product.” In the field for “regular price” enter a value. Then in the option to enforce a minimum donation amount, choose no. That should let users set their own donation amount and have a donation button to click.

Woo has a page on PayPal standard in their documentation at http://docs.woothemes.com/document/paypal-standard/ . I don’t try to duplicate their documentation since it’s quite good.

See how that works for you and let me know if you have trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

More progress and the donation bar is showing. At one point I tried to remove some of the icons on the navigation menu and now think I messed up (and have not idea where I did that as they still show up). When someone goes to pay, it doesn’t have a link to go anywhere. Here is what I think might be the problem but not sure how to fix it.

Thanks for your help and patience with me. Almost there!!!!

Bill Robbins

Hi Jennifer,

WooCommerce does create a few pages for you when it is installed that are necessary to function. If you deleted those pages, check the trash and see if they are still there. Go to pages in your dashboard. At the top of the list of pages, there will be a link to the trash if there is anything in it. If it’s there, click on the link and then restore the pages.

Then go to WooCommerce in your dashboard and click on Settings. Then choose the “Checkout” tab and make sure that the correct pages are assigned for the cart and checkout pages.

If the pages haven’t been deleted, but the content in them has been, you’ll need to add the appropriate shortcode to each one. For the cart page, you need this:

[woocommerce_cart]

and the checkout page you need this:

[woocommerce_checkout]

In the Products tab of your WooCommerce settings there is a link at the top labeled display. If you’ll click on that, this screen will have an option to redirect to cart after successful addition. You might want to click on that so that when your visitors add the donation to their cart, they are taken to the cart automatically. That will help move them along and not leave them wondering where to go next too.

Let me know how that goes,
    Bill

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

With your great instructions, I actually think I did it! Thank you!!!!

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

Ok..I did just discover that I goofed up somehow. The progress bar says, “$50” has been raised and since I just created this, I’m thinking I must have done something wrong! Thoughts?

Bill Robbins

Hi Jennifer,

Are you saying that there should be more or less than $50 there? If you’ve collected money outside of your site, you can create orders in the admin that correspond to it to keep things in sync.

If it shouldn’t be there, you can delete the order that goes with that $50.

See how that turns out now.

Bill

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

There shouldn’t be any money in there right now (I haven’t published the site yet). I don’t see it in the “Orders” at all. Could I have set $50 somewhere by accident?

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

I should clarify that it is published, but I haven’t advertised the site yet. 🙂

Bill Robbins

If you click on WooCommerce in your dashboard, you’ll find your orders. There should be one there that has your $50 there. Let me know if you don’t find it there.

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

It only has the orders I set up to allow the fundraising bar to show up.

Bill Robbins

That’s where the $50 is coming from then.

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

I put $0 when I clicked on the pencil though?

Bill Robbins

Is the total for that item 0 and the order total 0?

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

FIXED!!! Thank you so much! I finally figured out the Social Icons too! WOW…your fast answers are REALLY appreciated!!!!

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick. Once you have an actual donation “order” you can delete the one you created since it won’t be necessary anymore.

Have a great night Jennifer 🙂

Jennifer Needham
    Participant

Oh…great to know. I wouldn’t have known to trash the ones I set up! 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.