WooCommerce Downloads

Support Area Forums Forward WooCommerce Downloads

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: musicaction.org
  • Author
    Anastasia Connor
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Hope you’re well. I have a problem with a music download we’re selling through WooCommerce.
    It seems I did everything right but when the customer buys a download and pays they don’t actually get a link to our download or any files.

What might be the problem?

Ax

Bill Robbins

Hello Ax,

I could see how a downloadable product without the download link would be most unhelpful. There are two things I would double check. Edit your product. Look in the product data box. Make sure the download checkbox is checked at the top and that the URL’s to the files are in place in the downloadable file section there (see attached screenshot).

If that still doesn’t have the links available, go to your WooCommerce settings and click on the Products tab. Choose the downloads link and make sure the box next to “Grant access to downloadable products after payment” is checked. I don’t know if the members only link will have an effect or not but that may be worth experimenting with too.

Let me know if one of those doesn’t do the trick for you,
    Bill

Anastasia Connor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Ax,

I took a look through the downloadable product and the order that goes with it. I did see in the order the spot for granting download permissions was blank. That’s the spot where I would expect the files to be listed.

I manually created an order for the downloadable album and used the send customer invoice action and the invoice came through with the download links. I have no idea why it didn’t include the links the first time, but did the second.

With WordPress’ default way of sending emails, it’s difficult to monitor this since you don’t have a copy of the ones sent to your customers.

A few years ago I switched to using Gmail for sending my WordPress emails. There’s a tutorial at http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-send-email-in-wordpress-using-the-gmail-smtp-server/ that can show you how to do that.

One reason I switched to this was all outgoing mail ended up in my sent folder. That way I would have a copy of all the emails sent to my customers. Once that’s set up you can look at the invoices in your sent mail to monitor them. Otherwise it’ll be hard to troubleshoot this until your confident it’s working reliably.

For your customer who didn’t receive the download links, I did generate download permissions for those files, but I didn’t send any emails. You can choose the customer invoice in the drop down menu that’s in the top right hand corner of the order to send them to her if you need to.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Anastasia Connor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I can’t believe I missed this. Both of the orders placed have an “on-hold” order status. Looking in the order notes of the last one, there is one from PayPal that says:

“Validation error: PayPal IPN response from a different email address (lis@musicaction.org). Order status changed from Pending Payment to On Hold.”

It sounds like the PayPal address that’s set in the WooCommerce payment settings isn’t matching what is expected in the PayPal account. Make sure those match between your PayPal account and WooCommerce.

Let me know how that goes,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Downloads’ is closed to new replies.