Woocommerce Campaign Plug-In Credit

Support Area Forums Forward Woocommerce Campaign Plug-In Credit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://mindfizzle.org
  • Author
    Dale Scriven
    Participant

Good Day. My apologies for the multiple questions.

My business helps people raise money through a product fundraiser.

I plan to have the shipping included in each donation variable i.e., $25 (includes $5 Shipping), $50 (includes $10 shipping), $75 (includes $15 shipping) etc. I feel this will make donating simple.

Is there a way show a donation amount of $25, $50, $75 but only have $20, $40, $60 be credited to the donation progress bar?

I don’t want the shipping fees confusing the true donation amount.

Regards and Thanks,

Dale

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Dale,

That is an excellent question. The way this plugin works, it queries your database to pull out all of the purchases of the item being looked at. It gets the total amount of sales (donations) of that product and then makes that a percentage of the goal amount. It does ignore purchases of other products, taxes and shipping in the total.

You could add in a multiplier to change the actual amount to be percentage of what’s given. But that would affect all products and it would have to be the same percentage too, even for variable ones. If you want to go that route, let me know and I can show you how. Sorry there isn’t a way to create more specific control over that.

Thanks,
    Bill

Dale Scriven
    Participant

Bill thanks. I believe the multiplier will work.

Bill Robbins

Let’s give this a try then. In your WordPress dashboard go to Plugins and select Edit. Look in the top right and you’ll see a drop-down menu where you can select the campaign plugin.

Now from the files on your right, choose campaign.php and find this line:

$total_given = $item->line_total;

replace it with this:

(See support site to grab the code).

That will change the amount shown as being raised to be only 70% of the actual amount. You can change the .7 in the snippet above to adjust that amount.

I gave that a quick test on my development site and it seems to have done the trick. Let me know if you run into trouble there.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Dale Scriven
    Participant

Thanks. This should work. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Campaign Plug-In Credit’ is closed to new replies.