WooCommerce and Kerygma Format

Support Area Forums Kerygma WooCommerce and Kerygma Format

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://crossbridgelincoln.org
  • Author
    Joey Colson
    Participant

I’m having a couple problems and I think the first problem is causing the second, possibly. It appears that it’s a formatting conflict with the theme and plugin, so I thought I’d try here for a solution.

First issue is that the Shop and individual product pages don’t format correctly (Shop). The Cart and Checkout pages are fine, but the others seem to ignore that there’s a header. This creates some problems in functionality of some of the buttons because they “hide” behind the transparent header. Second issue, which may be related or not, is that the donations products I set up seem to not allow me to add them to the cart (like this page: Donation 1). I’ve gotten it to work once (not sure what I did different on that product), but I had to click on a $0 add to cart before it let me input a dollar amount (like this page: Donation 2). I set these products up exactly the same, not sure why they behave differently. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, if anything. I’ve verified that other plugins are not causing the problem by turning them all off and still having the issue. Not sure if I explained this well enough. Any information you could give me on getting this up and running would be appreciated.

Bill Robbins

Hi Joey,

Great questions there. WooCommerce doesn’t take into account the structure of a theme when it generates one of it’s pages. Let’s do this so it’s layout is like a typical page in Kerygma:

#container {
    	margin-top: 130px;
    	max-width: 100%;
    }

That should position its content under the header like the other pages do.

That may move the input for your donations out from under the header’s “box” and allow you to interact with it. Even though the header is transparent, if it covers up something underneath it, you can interact with the item that’s below.

If that doesn’t do the trick let me know. Also if you don’t mind, let me know what plugin you’re using for your woocommerce donations.

Thanks,
    Bill

Joey Colson
    Participant

Thank you. That cleaned it up nicely.

I am using WooCommerce Donations from IgniteWoo at the moment. We wanted to stay within the WooCommerce plugin because of the flexibility for future additions (if we decide to sell t-shirts online and such), but I had trouble finding a plugin I liked. Finally took a chance on this one. Didn’t like the one from CodeCanyon because it only adds the donation ability to the cart. Since all we’re doing right now is taking donations, that didn’t make sense to me. The “Name Your Price” plugin from WooThemes was the other I considered. Quite honestly, they appeared identical for all intents and purposes and IgniteWoo plugin was $5 cheaper so I figured I’d try it first. Five bucks is five bucks 🙂

Thanks for your help. You’re a rockstar!

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that helped out Joey. Thanks for letting me know about the donation extension too 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce and Kerygma Format’ is closed to new replies.