woocommerce and campaign extension

Support Area Forums Grassroots woocommerce and campaign extension

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.rastroglobal/aiguasahel.com
  • Author
    mariola foix
    Participant

hello,

I installed the grossroots template and I have several problems.

I installed the “WooCommerce” plugin and extension campaign and I canot find WooCommerce pages : shopping cart, order, make payment etc etc. When an donation amount is entered, you can not complete purchase.

I can not display , the progress bar with the percentage reached

How can I change the text “Name your own price” in other language ??

mariola foix
    Participant

I made a mistake in the previous post with my url. the correct is: http://www.rastroglobal.com/aiguasahel

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Mariola,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great questions. Once you install and activate WooCommerce it will insert an admin notice with a button you can use to add the WooCommerce pages — Shop, Cart, Checkout, and My Account.

If it was able to add those pages for you automatically, you should be able to find them in your WordPress dashboard by clicking on pages.

To make them visible for you visitors, go to the Appearance section and select Menus. Here you can add them to your navigation menu so that your visitors have easy access to them.

For new sites, you do have to create an order in the backend of WooCommerce so that the progress bar will be visible. There are instructions in the extension’s documentation at https://support.organizedthemes.com/campaign-extension/ at the bottom in the “New Sites” section. Once you’ve added an order, the progress should appear for you.

There is a plugin called Codestyle Localization (https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/) that you can use to translate the Name Your Own Price text into the language of your choice. For plugins that don’t have a translation included, that is usually a good option.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

mariola foix
    Participant

hello,

thanks for your reply.

The problem with WooCommerce is: I didn’t add those pages automatically, and now, I don’t find them in my WordPress dashboard . I created a new page: “vols fer una aportació” ( in my web ) and I add this page in woocommerce settings” , “Product” but i cannot finish donation. Please, visit my web in constructión , page : “vols fer una aportació ”

Regarding the extension: https://support.organizedthemes.com/campaign-extension/ , I think I’ve done everything shown in the link you cite but I don’t get to see the progress bar .I attached files with screen shots.

If I do not put price on the product, I get a text: “Free ” on . How I can remove it ??

Another question: When I convert video to mp4 format and upload it to the homepage, the video has lost a lot of quality. The problem is the format ??

Thanks !!!

Bill Robbins

You can always create those pages manually if you need to. These are the pages you’ll need:

1. Cart
    2. Checkout
    3. Shop

Once you’ve made a page for each of those, go to WooCommerce in your dashboard and choose Settings. First choose the Products tab. You can set the shop page in the drop down labeled Product Archive / Shop Page and then save your changes. Next choose the Checkout Tab and you can set the cart and checkout pages in the middle of that tab in the “Checkout Pages” section. Then save your changes again. That should give you the pages to work with.

One other thing that’s helpful on the products tab is to select this checkbox in the “Add to cart” section: Add to cart Redirect to the cart page after successful addition. That way when someone adds a product to their cart, they will be taken to the cart automatically.

There is a plugin called WooCommerce Custom Price (https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-custom-price/) that will let you edit the text that’s displayed when no price is set or it is set to zero. I haven’t used it before, but if it works, that would be the easiest option.

To get to the bottom of the progress bar, would it be possible for me to log into your site? You can mark a reply here as private and I’ll be the only one who sees it. That way you can leave a username and password without risk of losing them.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I just realized I missed your question about the video format. Often times conversion utilities can change either the resolution or the “quality” of the video. You may need to adjust those a bit as you convert the files so that they are the same quality as the original.

For the videos in the demo, I used an online utility at http://www.online-convert.com to change the formats.

Thanks,
    Bill

mariola foix
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. It looks like you had that set up correctly. The only catch was the “base” color for the graph was set to white, which is also the background color of that spot so they blended in together.

I changed the base color to be a light gray so that it would show up for you (see attached screenshot).

I’d be happy to set up the WooCommerce pages for you if that would help. Just let me know what you’d like them to say in Spanish and I’ll create them and assign them for you.

The payment settings are in the WooCommerce settings screen. You can enter your PayPal email address there and make any other customizations you’d like to have as well on that screen. There are dozens of payment gateways if you’d like to use a different one too. They are available as separate plugins for you to install.

Bill

mariola foix
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help !!!!

The pages to create are:

Cart: Carro
    checkout: Finalizar compra
    shop: I created a page, which is to the store and I called it : “Vols fer una aportació”

Another question. I created the page of the store as “full content” layout , but there are still leaving lateral sidebar. The page also have a Hero image but i cannot see them im my web

Once again: thank you very much for your help !!!!

Mariola

Bill Robbins

Perfect. I added the pages for you and set them to be the cart and checkout pages inside your WooCommerce settings.

Could I get you to open up a new post for the shop layout questions? Those are likely to be asked by others in the future and it’ll help me help everybody out.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘woocommerce and campaign extension’ is closed to new replies.