Woo Commerce and Theme Options

Support Area Forums Foxy Woo Commerce and Theme Options

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://atlbrick.chrisnkellie.com
  • Author
    Participant

Howdy,

Have a few issues. First changes in the Theme Options don’t seem to take effect. I’ve altered the header colors in the Styling options including the Header Text but it does not appear to be changing colors.

Also I’ve installed the Woo Commerce plugin however while reported compatible I’m not sure it is working properly as there is no view cart, return to shopping or other such links that appear throughout the theme nor do I see a way to enable them. Plus the backgrounds do not appear to load on shopping cart pages.

I may be over looking something or unaware of how to implement the Woo Commerce plugin on the theme, I promise I tried the forum search function before posting. 😀

Bill Robbins

Good Morning,

Sorry for the trouble you’ve run into. I tried visiting the site above, but I’m getting a Linux test page. If there’s a way to see the site I’d be glad to take a look for you.

For the backgrounds on the shop page. That page will show the ones from the theme options. The shop page is like the “posts page” — the blog page — in that it is really just a place holder for an archive. So any backgrounds added there will be skipped.

Let me know about seeing the site and we’ll go from there.

Take care,
    Bill

Participant

My apologies, it is http://atlbrick.chrisnkellie.com/site/

Forgot that I don’t have it along the root and don’t have rewrite enabled.

Participant

As for the ‘shop’ page it does not load the images under the theme options. The loading circle in the right upper corner sits there spinning. They load properly on other pages.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the link. Here’s what I believe is happening there. The first product on the page is set to be a “gallery” product, but it does not have any images uploaded on that product. That’s giving an empty background there which is spilling over onto the shop page. Try changing that product to be a standard and see if that won’t allow the default backgrounds to show through.

Let me know what you turn up there,
    Bill

Participant

Yup setting the product to standard lets the backgrounds load properly!

Any ideas on the Headers not changing color? IE. The ‘Welcome’ bar on the home page is blue but so is the text even though text was set to white.

Participant

Never mind I believe I figured out the header color issue.

Can you tell me how to make the WooCommerce navigation and cart items show in the menu or headers?

Participant

Hrmm I can only use the side bars on specific pages, this present a problem cause I cannot seem to designate which pages those are to move the appropriate side bars.

Bill Robbins

Sidebars can be frustrating. Here’s what I would do. I would place all my widgets in the default sidebar. It’s the fallback and will be displayed everywhere as long as none of the other sidebars are in use. Empty all the other sidebars of all widgets.

Then go with a widget visibility plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack-widget-visibility/ to say which widgets should be hidden or shown from the default sidebar, on which pages.

You’re welcome to add any of the WooCommerce pages to your navigation like you would any other page. There are some plugins to add a cart icon to navigation menus. I haven’t tried one of those with Foxy, but it would likely work. Might be a bit odd too since it has a vertical menu instead of a horizontal one.

Participant

That could work! Appreciate the assistance as always!

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Woo Commerce and Theme Options’ is closed to new replies.