widgets appearance; shortcodes; transparent logo; font size

Support Area Forums Foundation widgets appearance; shortcodes; transparent logo; font size

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    couple of questions:

1. Please have a look at the widgets (right bar on site pages) – it looks like the image size doesn;t feet the widget size. for example, http://hassuka.co.il/%D7%90%D7%95%D7%93%D7%95%D7%AA/
    2. How can I use shortcodes for make the pages names more friendly?
    3. I have uploaded a logo in PNG format, with transparent background, still, I see the logo BG in white..
    4. Is there a way to chane the font size all over the site rather than getting into the editor code?

thanks in advance,
    hassuka.co.il

Sharon

Bill Robbins

Sharon,

Let me see if I can help you:

Widgets:

You can add this snippet to your “Custom CSS” box in the theme options page. That should make your image fit a bit better:

img {
    	max-width: 100%;
    	height: auto;
    }

Page Titles:

Personally, I use a plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast for my page titles/descriptions. To use it, you’ll want to go to “Plugins” in your WordPress control panel and select “Add New” and then search for it. Once you’ve installed it, you’ll also want to disable the built-in SEO in the theme options page too.

The plugin will give you a page title/description box on every page/post where you can specify those items exactly.

Header Image:

It looks like the “Custom CSS” is still pointing to a JPG file instead of the PNG one. Here’s the code that’s on your site now:

#header {
    	background-image: url(https://hassuka.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/logo-300x111.jpg);
    }

If you change the image path there, that should take care of it for you.

Font Size:

You can change the font size of just about every content element this way. Add this to your “Custom CSS” box:

p, li { font-size: 16px; }

and update your settings. That will increase the font size by 2 pixels. Feel free to adjust the 16px to get the appearance you’re looking for.

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    Thank you very much for your great support and patience.

as for my question number 3 about the logo: how can i control the size of the logo? in the jpg format it fits. in the .png format – it seems to take the real image dimensions.

hassuka.co.il

Thank you very much,
    Sharon

Bill Robbins

Sharon,

Probably the best way to control the image size is with an image editor. There is a basic one that’s built into the Media Library in WordPress. If you have access to an offline editor, that’s the way I would suggest going though. Use the image size tools that are built in to make sure you have the right sizes. The format (jpg or png) won’t affect the dimensions of the file when it’s displayed. I’m a Photoshop user, but any image editing software should be able to handle that for you.

If you have trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Thank you very much.
    Everything is working fine now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘widgets appearance; shortcodes; transparent logo; font size’ is closed to new replies.