Widget Width in Progress Theme

Support Area Forums Progress Widget Width in Progress Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lara Marsh
    Participant

Bill –
    Hi! I am now working on another site using the Progress theme. You can see it at http://www.runningfarther.com.php53-5.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/

I have a question similar to the one posted here:

I would like the countdown timer to be the full width of the page and possibly moved to the top. I tried adding this to the theme CSS editor:

#home-widgets .shailan_CountdownWidget {
    width: 100%;
    }

but it didn’t work. I tried various pixel sizes as well. All had no effect. So I have a feeling I’m referencing the widget wrong.

If it doesn’t work to do it this way, I’m also thinking it might look best in the header but I don’t know how to put a shortcode in the php header.

Thanks for your help.

Lara

Bill Robbins

Lara,

Great question. I took a look and it appears that the CSS you’d want to use to change that countdown timer is something like this:

.home-widgets .CountDownTimer {
    	width: 100%;
    }

That should make it full width inside your home widget area.

You can add in a shortcode via a WordPress php tag. They look like this:

Just replace the [shortcode] with the actual shortcode you want to use. You can also wrap it a bit of HTML to help you style too if you need to.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Lara Marsh
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. The echo code in the header worked great and this will come in handy in the future!

Best,
    Lara

Bill Robbins

That is hugely helpful snippet. I’ve often used it to insert a Gravity Forms powered sign up into headers or footers of sites I’ve worked on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget Width in Progress Theme’ is closed to new replies.