Widget Text Color

Support Area Forums Kerygma Widget Text Color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.nnyredemption.com
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

We’re still loving Kerygma at our church!

I would like to be able to change the text of the Welcome Box Widget to white. I have messed around with the Customizer as well as trying to change the text color in the widget editor.

We originally had the widgets in the classic Original Home Widgets, but then I moved the widgets to Home One, Two etc… That did allow me to change text color, however the framing for the widgets disappeared so that all the widgets’ text was on the home page background rather than the widgets’ background.

Is it possible to keep the framing while being able to change the text color of the Welcome Box to white?

Thanks for the help!

Bill Robbins

Hi Harland,

I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme. Great question too. I believe the Welcome Box Widget has controls for the text color built in. It’s in the widget panel where you add the background for the widget, enter the text and so on. There should be a color picker there for the text color and two others for link colors.

See if you can’t change the text color there. Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I have the text set to white in the Welcome Box Widget controls and yet it displays as charcoal. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Bill Robbins

Hi Harland,

Sorry for the trouble there. I do see that you have those set to white. It looks like the setting that makes the home page widgets have the color #3a3a3a is overriding the custom color set there.

Let’s force it to be white by adding this to the Custom CSS box that’s at the bottom of the Advanced tab in the theme options page:

#home-widgets .welcome-content p {
    	color: #fff;
    }

Save your changes and see if that won’t force it to be white. I’ll include a change to this widget for the next update to make sure the correct color still applies even if one is set for the other widgets.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

Bill,

That did the trick. Thank you so much for your help and great service.

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick. I’ve added a tweak to that widget for the next update that should fix it for everyone. If you need anything else, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget Text Color’ is closed to new replies.