widget position-Above menu items

Support Area Forums Foxy widget position-Above menu items

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi Bill,

I am now reworking on the foxy theme, thanks for the adivice on coding books by the way. I would like to add a widget above the sidebar menu instead of underneath. Is this possible? Thanks!

Tom

Bill Robbins

Tom,

Great question. You can do that. If you’d like to move all of the widgets above the navigation, here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose sidebar.php and find this spot:

3. Cut it and paste it just above this:

<?php tha_sidebar_bottom(); ?>

4. Save your changes.

That will move the navigation below the widgets.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the quick response! Things are working well yet the repositionning of the widget menu has caused the sidebar to go below the content zone in the mobile layout. I like the original mobile layout but would simply like to have the widget above the menu items. Can I achieve this without setting up a conditional php sidebar page or statement?

Here is the link:

http://ceramique.wgpro.ca/

Thanks!

Tom

Bill Robbins

Tom,

I believe the widgets always go below the content in the mobile layout. Since they’re loaded in the page after the main content, you would need to absolutely position them to be above it in a mobile view.

The trick with that would be determining the height of your widgets as you’ll have to add space above the content so that the absolutely positioned widgets don’t overlap it.

If you want to try that, I’d suggest finalizing the your widget content and then add in the styles to match.

I hope that helps out,
    Bill

Could it be smoother just to create another menu and have it display via css on mobile only?

Bill Robbins

There is a mobile only menu that’s part of the theme that works that way. It’s hidden except when you’re viewing in a window smaller than 768 pixels wide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘widget position-Above menu items’ is closed to new replies.