Where can I find the actual php file page?

Support Area Forums Agency Where can I find the actual php file page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Participant

Silly questions, I am hunting for the actual page php file to add a log in access manager and can not find the file on the server. Do you know where the page files are stored? Thanks.

Participant

I know the pages are in the database but i can not seem to access or find the files on the server. What am I missing?

Bill Robbins

Good question. You can find all the theme files on your server by browsing to the wp-content/themes/agency folder.

The default page template is page.php but that does control all pages. If you need to add this code everywhere, then that’s the place for it. Otherwise, duplicate that page.php file and rename it page-slug.php where “slug” is the URL slug for the specific page where you need this code to go. You can then edit it.

There’s a graphic at http://codex.wordpress.org/images/1/18/Template_Hierarchy.png that will show you how WordPress chooses which file to use when generating a page.

Let me know if run into trouble,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks so much for the info. The issue is that I need to be able to find the specific page file so that it shows up on an ftp on the server so that I can select this specific file in the external software to password protect. The software author says to find the page file on the server but there is not a specific page anywhere since the page is populated via the database.

Participant

I am ready to just look for a plugin that allow multiple passwords to be set for a page rather than deal with this. Are you aware of any plugins that would do the trick? I know that I can password protect a page i the default settings of wordpress but the client needs to be able to set up multiple user names and they can access only one page. I really really really appreciate your help!!! thanks!!!

Bill Robbins

There are quite a few membership plugins you could look at. Restrict Content Pro is generally regarded to be one of the best.

As a side note, there isn’t a corresponding file on your server for each page in your site. They are generated as needed by mixing the content from he database with the appropriate template file from the theme.

Take care,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks. I will check that plugin out. I responded to the software author stating this and they seem to think that there are files that I can access from the server via FTP to password protect. eeekkkk what a mini nightmare. thanks again for your help!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Where can I find the actual php file page?’ is closed to new replies.