Warning before every page is loaded

Support Area Forums Live Warning before every page is loaded

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://marquettecatholic.com
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Recently our school moved our WordPress website over to a WordPress only server through GoDaddy. All information was transferred successfully but now we get a warning, it flashes for less than a second, before each page is loaded. After some very quick print screen button pushing, I was able to capture the error. I have attached both the error and the code from my Live themes fonts.php. I am a very novice user when it comes to websites so a nice step-by-step layout of what I would have to do to fix this error would be awesome!

Bill Robbins

Hi Chris,

Excellent question there. Let’s double check to make sure that wp_debug is turned off. Here’s how to do that:

1. Use either the file browser in your web host’s control panel or a FTP program to open up your WordPress files on your server.
    2. Locate the wp-config.php file that’s in the root directory of your WordPress site and edit it.
    3. Look for a line like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

and change the true to false. If you don’t see that line, add it at the bottom of the file with it set to false.

4. Save your changes.

See if that doesn’t take care of the message for you. If it’s still there, we’ll probably want to update the theme. It looks like it has been customized a bit. I would suggest downloading a copy of the current version from this site. If you can, make a copy of your site on your local computer. You could then start out with the new version. I would go with making a child theme and add the customizations to it. That’ll make updating in the future easier.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hey Chris,

Last night while I was watching my son’s soccer practice, I had a memory of a similar issue a ways back. You may be able to fix that warning this way.

1. Download the current version of the theme from our downloads section.
    2. Unzip the live.zip file and open up the live folder and then the includes folder inside of it. Locate the fonts.php file and open it up in a plain text editor like Notepad. Don’t open it up in Word, Pages or anther word processing program as it will mess up the code. Just open it up in plain text.
    3. Copy all the contents of the file.
    4. Then go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    5. From the list of files on your right, choose fonts.php
    6. Replace all the content there with the new code and save your changes.

See if that doesn’t clear up the notification for you. Let me know if you run into trouble.

Bill

Chris
    Participant

Bill, replacing the fonts.php work perfect! I do have the fonts.php original backed up just in case, but hopefully I won’t have to use it. Thank you so much!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic Chris. Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Warning before every page is loaded’ is closed to new replies.