Viewing a blank page on a mobile

Support Area Forums Umami Viewing a blank page on a mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Paul Spiller
    Participant

Bill,
    I wish to have the home page the blog page (with a logo) and have an extra page with no content just to let the background images rotate as a slide show if you like. No problems there until it is viewed with a mobile.

If I have no content at all, the mobile user cannot slide the logo and navigation up so that the background slides can be viewed – a part of the logo and navigation covers the background image.

I can get around this by just entering a heap of spaces as content which allows it to happen. The problem then is that the necessary opaque content background reduces the clarity of the images.

It is really only an issue with viewing on the mobile – the same reduction of clarity happens of course on a normal display but without the logo causing a problem.

Is there some way around this – I can live with it by increasing the content background transparency, but it’s worth asking. It would be nice for the background image (“supersized” I think) to be located under the “mobile-header” on a mobile. I realise that the “super sized” image has been resized to suit the mobile width and that this may get complex.

Paul

Bill Robbins

Hello Paul,

One option for us here would be to create a bottom margin for the sidebar that’s equal to the height of the browser window. That way the user can scroll the entire logo/widget area out of site if they choose to. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {

.home #sidebar {
      		margin-bottom: 100vh;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

That should affect only the home page too. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Paul Spiller
    Participant

Bill,
    I admire you excellent support – a rare thing these days.

I found I had to remove the “.home” – it then worked fine (Just playing about there).
    It also worked if I replaced the “.home #sidebar” with “#mobile-header”

It is nice to be able to tweak the css to tailor the site to taste. I use it quite a bit.

Thanks.

Paul

Bill Robbins

Paul,

I’m glad I could help out with that. Glad you took the idea and ran with it too. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Viewing a blank page on a mobile’ is closed to new replies.