Video instead of background picture on home page

Support Area Forums Elite Video instead of background picture on home page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.olivace.cz
  • Author
    Jiří Bernát
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    how are you? Everything ok?

I think to update my pages. Is it possible to have any video instead of main background picture?

I see that in settings of slides it is possible to download any video but I am not sure if it is what I am looking for.

Many thanks for your reply.

Bill Robbins

Hello,

All is well here in the deep south of the US. Hope you’re doing well too.

You’re welcome to use a video instead of an image. Instead of the image format, choose the video one. Then place the embed code for your video in the box provided. That will cause it to use a video instead of an image in your hero area.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Jiří Bernát
    Participant

This is cool, but I would like to use the video instead of background picture…is really this?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Bill Robbins

Yes. That’s how you use a video background instead of a picture background in the hero area.

Alberto Brusa
    Participant

Adding to this question:
    When the home page holds a video. Is it possible to have the hero-text & hero-text buttons on top of the video?

Best regards,
    Alberto

Bill Robbins

Alberto,

In Elite it’s not possible to have text over the video in the hero area. To have text you’ll need to use an image.

Take care,
    Bill

Jiří Bernát
    Participant

Hi Bill, it works.
    Now I am using the Embed code from YouTube. Is it possible to load the video into Media in WP like foto? And I need automatical play of the video.

Many thanks for reply.

Jiri

Bill Robbins

Jiri,

Glad to hear that’s working. I believe you can set the video from YouTube to autoplay. Say this is your YouTube embed code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuvhee1vfl4?rel=0&showinfo=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe if you add &autoplay=1 to the url, it will autoplay. It’ll look something like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuvhee1vfl4?rel=0&showinfo=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

See if that doesn’t do the trick.

Bill

Jiří Bernát
    Participant

Hi Bill, good it is working. Is it possible to insert the permanent loop.
    I check the web and I found the code like: &loop=1
    But it doesn’t work…

J.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jiri,

Give this embed code a try:

(You’ll have to visit the support site to see it)

See how that works,
    Bill

Jiří Bernát
    Participant

No, sorry, the loop doen´t work. Whe I am savig data the code remains the same as previous…I see that you add “amp”, but it disapear after saving…

J.

Jiří Bernát
    Participant

And the autoplay doesn´t work on Ipad also.

J.

Bill Robbins

It may not keep the amp; portion, but if it will work, it still should even with that part missing.

Smartphones and tablets do not autoplay videos on websites. There are a host of reasons why, but for us the important thing is there is no way to override that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Video instead of background picture on home page’ is closed to new replies.