Very Slow Podcast upload

Support Area Forums Epic Very Slow Podcast upload

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Fay Hui
    Participant

We are using the Podcast feature in Epic theme. Uploading a 5MB sermon takes a long time (more than 10-15 min). It seems to stuck on the Crunching stage for a long time and sometime it just ends up to an I/o error after waiting for 10 minutes.

I tried using the FileZilla to ftp the same file to the server and it only take 2-3 minutes. So I don’t think it is our network or server issue.

Are there settings that we are not configured property for the podcast upload feature? Please help… The poor volunteers are spending so much time to upload the sermons each sunday….

Bill Robbins

Fay,

Great question. It’s most likely related to the amount if free RAM that your server has available. It takes a good bit more resources to upload a file via the web than FTP.

You might consider using DropBox. You could upload the files there in a public folder and copy the link and paste it into the admin.

You could also see if you could get more memory allocated by your host. Some are agreeable to that.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Fay Hui
    Participant

Hi bill,

Do you mean the computer that I use to upload the file to the web? Or the web server hosting WordPress ? We are using godaddy to host.

Fay

Bill Robbins

Fay,

It’s the web server itself. GoDaddy sets the amount of resources like RAM that are available for your site to use. You could ask them to provide more. Some hosts will help, some won’t.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Very Slow Podcast upload’ is closed to new replies.