Using Jigoshop with Agency

Support Area Forums Agency Using Jigoshop with Agency

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.silentblessings.org
  • Author
    silentblessings.org
    Participant

Hi, Bill.
    It’s been almost 9 months since I’ve been able to get back to an issue I brought up with you back in Sept. I am trying to use Jigoshop for a store portion of our website. You were kind enough to create a “No Identity” page option for me to try to help with this, but I’m still stumped.
    The problem is that Jigoshop automatically creates a catalog page (the page is named “Shop”) that shows all of the products you enter. You can specify how many items you want in each row. I have experimented with 3 (the default) and higher and lower, but I still find that the sidebar is trying to show up on that page. I was thinking the No Identity page was set up to not have a sidebar, but maybe I misunderstood that. At any rate, what shows up is a thin blue column and a wider gray column that only shows down part of the page. I wouldn’t mind a sidebar if I have to have one, but I’d like it to be as long as the rows of products.
    I’ve tried using the Default Page template and adding Jigoshop widgets for a sidebar, but they don’t show up either. I figured, I’d better stop messing around in case I was making things worse. Do you have any suggestions on how to either get rid of a sidebar altogether on the “Shop” page or add one where I can put Jigoshop widgets?
    I appreciate any help you can give me.

Judy Allison

Bill Robbins

Judy,

It’s a bit unusual, but Jigoshop and Woocommerce don’t actually use page templates. Since plugins can’t actually have templates, they just attempt to go with a common layout of elements in WordPress themes: a content area and a sidebar.

We could likely make the content area full width without the sidebar. If you don’t mind sending over the URL to the shop page, I’d be glad to take a look and see.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Jigoshop with Agency’ is closed to new replies.