uploader for images

Support Area Forums Foxy uploader for images

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Serge Totsky
    Participant

I’m trying to upload images to have a slider and image logo. By going in appearance–theme options–logo graphics–upload – and then when i click upload it is not browsing for files, it shows a transparent background , then nothing happens. Same thing with slider. Uploader simply isn’t working

Another question: where do i change a url to make a gallery light box working(by adding a width and a height.

Thanks a lot in advance

Kate

Bill Robbins

Kate,

Are you able to upload an image by going to Media and selecting “Add New.” If you can’t, then it sounds like the WordPress media uploader may be having some trouble. If you have a new WordPress installation, occasionally the web server has file permissions set so they can’t accept files that WordPress uploads. Or there could be a javascript issue. Sometimes plugins load scripts that can interfere with other areas of the admin. You might try disabling any plugins and then refreshing your browser and see if that helps.

If you see that message with an image gallery, make sure you have gallery set to link to the file and not the attachment page.

If it still gives you trouble, switch over to the “text” editor from the “visual one” and look for your gallery which looks something like this:

You’ll want to remove the closeing ] and replace it with this:

Which should give you something like this:

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Serge Totsky
    Participant

Hi Bill, thank you for your support, but unfortunately, i was not able to fix the problems:

if I try to upload through media library – add new, it works (so its not the plugins or WordPress version), its adding the images, but the lightbox itself doesnt work – the message is:

add to url ?lightbox[width]=600&lightbox[height]=400
    I was trying to find the pages where to add this line to URL, but could not find it.

Another issue – slider, i was able to add images through featured images, but not through theme options – same thing its not browsing.

Thank you,
    Kate

Bill Robbins

Kate,

If you’d like to send a login to support@organizedthems.com, I’d be happy to take a look for you Monday morning.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Kate,

Thanks for sending over the login. I took a look this morning and everything seems to work for me in the uploader.

That makes me think it might be a browser issue. You might try clearing your browser’s cache and then refreshing the page and see if that helps. You also might try a different browser to upload the images and see if it gives you any trouble. I set a couple of the ones titled background into the slider for you.

The trouble with the lightbox gallery is actually a bug in the WordPress core. It won’t let you choose to have the images link to the file (which the lightbox needs in order to work).

I made a quick post with a workaround at https://support.organizedthemes.com/9837/gallery-bug-in-wordpress-3-5-1/ so you can get that up and running.

If I can help, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Serge Totsky
    Participant

Hi Bill, Thank you so much, gallery problem is fixed! You support is awesome.

have a great day,
    Kate

Bill Robbins

That’s great news Kate! Hopefully they’ll have the bug fixed soon so no workaround is needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘uploader for images’ is closed to new replies.