Upload image

Support Area Forums Finesse Upload image

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://sewgrown.com
  • Author
    Tony Mormino
    Participant

Hi Bill we just purchased the Finesse theme and are excited to get it up and running. We are changing from genesis to the finesse theme and once activated we are now having issues uploading images to the Media Library. When I try to upload images to I am getting an HTTP error. Can you give me some advice hear?

Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your business. I do appreciate it. Would it be possible to log into the admin side of your site so I can take a closer look for you? You can mark a reply here in the forum as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it with the login details. That’ll help me be able to help you out with the trouble uploading.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Tony Mormino
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sending over the login. I took a look in the media library and uploaded a few images there (feel free to delete). Fortunately they all uploaded.

I did see two images that didn’t have thumbnails in the library that were uploaded today. Oddly enough, if you go to the URL’s of each image:

https://www.sewgrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/50.jpg
    https://www.sewgrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/sew-grown-copy-1.gif

they are present on the server. I did notice that it took an unusually long time between the file finishing it’s upload and the thumbnail appearing.

I ran the picture of the woman in the purple skirt through Photoshop and made it a bit smaller. It did load after that with the thumbnail into the media library.

I also changed the GIF image to a PNG and it uploaded.

Have you tried disabling all of your plugins temporarily to see if that makes a difference? If it does, you could turn them on, one by one until you run into trouble again.

One common reason that this error appears is WordPress running out of server resources, especially memory. Each active plugin uses some memory. How much just depends on the plugin. It’s possible that the site is running close to the amount of memory available.

I noticed in the WooCommerce settings (https://www.sewgrown.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-status) it indicates that the site has 40 mb allocated to it with the recommendation being for 64 mb. You might ask your host if they can increase that for you.

Let me know what you turn up and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tony Mormino
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

Here’s a quick rundown of the text on a product category page like https://www.sewgrown.com/product-category/essential-oil-carrying-case .

Essential Oil Clutch Cases for 12 Bottles — Styling > Headings > H1 Font
    Betsy’s Legacy, Peacock Blues — Styling > Headings > H3 Font
    Prices — Styling > Main Content > Body Font

Those should let you change the font styles there. Let me know if it gives you trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tony Mormino
    Participant

Hi Bill and thanks for the excellent support. We really do appreciate it. I tried the above but the only font that is changing is the H1 heading. I have changed all of the other H’s and does not change the font size. Any ideas?

I have attached an image of what i am trying to change.

Thanks! tony

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the sending over the picture. I was looking at a different page there. I don’t believe there is a separate control for the text on top of a product category like that. You can change it up this way though:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Look down for the advanced section and click on it. Then choose Custom CSS.
    3. In the box there, add this:

li.product-category h3 {
      font-size: 20px !important;
      }

Just change the 20px in that snippet to the size you’d like to have (the default is 30px).

4. Save your changes.

See how that works for you. I’ll make a note to add a separate control for those in an update.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Tony Mormino
    Participant

Awesome that worked great. Can you send me a code to change the text color? If you have a code where i can edit the hex color codes so we can play around with color that would be great.

I also tried to change the font size on the attached Shop page but did not work. Can you look at that as well?

Thanks, Tony

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Tony,

You’re welcome to play around with those. Here’s the CSS to change the colors there:

ul.products li.product-category h3 {
    	color: #000;
    	font-size: 20px;
    }

ul.products li.product-category h3:after,
    ul.products li.product-category h3:before {
    	background-color: #000;
    }

The top style there is for the color and the font size. The second style sets the color of the lines that are there.

If you’d like to take out the blur effect on hover, you can add this as well:

ul.products li.product-category:hover img {
    	opacity: 1;
    	filter: blur(0);
    	-webkit-filter: blur(0);
    }

which will take that out.

To change the font size of the product titles in the shop you can use this:

ul.products li.product h3 {
        font-size: 20px;
    }

and this for the price:

ul.products li.product span.price {
    	font-size: 20px !important;
    }

To keep the buttons consistent there too, you can do this:

ul.products a.button.product_type_simple {
    	font-size: 12px;
    	padding: 6px 9px;
    	display: block;
    	text-align: center;
    	font-weight: 400;
    }

I hope that helps out. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Good Evening Tony,

Let’s roll this into your Custom CSS too for the phone cart:

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {

.no-sidebar.woocommerce-checkout #customer_details,
    	.no-sidebar.woocommerce-checkout h3#order_review_heading,
    	.no-sidebar.woocommerce-checkout #order_review,
    	.no-sidebar.woocommerce-cart article form,
    	.no-sidebar.woocommerce-cart .cart_totals {
    		width: 100%;
    		float: none;
    	}

#content table.cart td.actions .coupon .input-text,
    	#content table.cart td.actions .coupon .button,
    	#content table.cart td.actions input.button {
    		display: block !important;
    		float: none !important;
    		width: 100% !important;
    		margin-bottom: 10px;	
    	}

}

I’ll also add that to the next theme update. If you run into trouble there, let me know.

Merry Christmas,
    Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload image’ is closed to new replies.