Upload files to Authentic on WP Multisite install

Support Area Forums Authentic Upload files to Authentic on WP Multisite install

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the Authentic theme activated on a site within a WordPress multisite install. Nothing happens when I click “Upload Your Logo.” I don’t get a dialog box to browse my computer for files. Thanks for your help on this issue!

Bill Robbins

I had the same issue when using a beta version of WordPress 3.3. In my situation, my browser had a cached version of jQuery that was not up to date enough to make the new media uploader work. Once I cleared out my browser’s cache, the uploader worked just fine. Our theme demos are part of a multisite (networked) installation.

If you still have trouble after clearing your browser’s cache and refreshing, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill,
    Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, clearing the cache and refreshing did not fix the problem.

I have Authentic Network Activated, and then activated for a site that is a subdomain of my main site.

I’m using Google Chrome with Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Bill Robbins

If that wasn’t the problem, we’ll still find the answer.

The theme options page uses the same media uploader as the rest of the WordPress control panel. What happens in a post when you click to upload an image?

One alternative to uploading your logo in the theme options page is to go to the Media section of your control panel and select add new. There you can upload your logo (this particular spot doesn’t use a pop-up). Once the upload is finished, it will give you a URL to your image. You can copy that and then paste it into the spot for your image logo in the theme options page.

Let me know what you turn up in regards to the image uploader on pages/posts.

Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I click Upload/Insert on Pages or Posts the Add Media window pops up and I’m able to add photos to the pages.

In the meantime I’ll try the workaround you provided. I don’t see a place where I can paste the URL in the Identity tab, so I’m guessing I’ll have to go into the source code?

Thanks for your ongoing help.

Bill Robbins

Do you see a field next to the logo uploader that looks like this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, my logo uploader looks like this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sb4ExMHs1iQ/T4McRTOuWgI/AAAAAAAAFNE/q_etdtvi1Xw/s800/OrgThemesHelp1.png

I also noticed I don’t have a typography panel.

Bill Robbins

There’s a version of the theme you can download at https://support.organizedthemes.com/samples/authentic.zip that uses the same theme options page as the rest of our themes. You might give it a try and see if that works better for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The new framework seems to be working. Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Splendid!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The new framework doesn’t provide a GUI for targeting elements such as the background and links. Any suggestions? I’m looking at the source code to find ids and classes, but I haven’t been successful in targeting what I want in custom CSS.

For example, I want to reduce the font size of the page links in the header.

Bill Robbins

No this is a beta release. It’s using WordPress’ built in background editor. It does have a box where you can paste in any custom CSS, but I haven’t added the GUI editor to this one yet. It’ll happen this week, but I don’t have it completed as of now.

Bill Robbins

I uploaded an updated version of the theme that includes the styling options this morning. It’s still not the final release, just yet, but it does have the GUI added for the styling as well as some fixes/improvements.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the updated version located at the same link as before? https://support.organizedthemes.com/samples/authentic

I cleared my cache and downloaded it again, and uploaded it to my server, but I’m not seeing the GUI.

Bill Robbins

It’s in the styling tab of the theme options page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s where I’m looking. I still only have a space to enter Custom CSS.

options.php has this:

// Styling Options
    $options[] = array( “name” => __( ‘Styling’,’organizedthemes’),
    “type” => “heading”);

$options[] = array( “name” => __( ‘Custom CSS’,’organizedthemes’),
    “desc” => __( ‘Add any custom CSS you would like to use here.’,’organizedthemes’),
    “id” => “custom_css_code”,
    “std” => “”,
    “type” => “textarea”);

return $options;
    }

Bill Robbins

If you don’t mind, shot an email to support@organizedthemes.com and I’ll email it back to you.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload files to Authentic on WP Multisite install’ is closed to new replies.