Upload File button not working for me

Support Area Forums Epic Upload File button not working for me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Hi! Thanks for your hard work on these themes!

In the Podcast Files section of a new podcast post, the Upload File buttons don’t work for both the Message Audio File and Message Notes areas. In an earlier version, I expected the Upload File button to open up the library. Now nothing happens. (We are running the latest version of WordPress and all our plugins are up to date.)

Shane Shennan
    Harbour Tech Team

Bill Robbins

Shane,

Any chance you could send over a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Samuel
    Participant

Thanks! Sent it.

Bill Robbins

Samuel,

Thanks for sending over the link. I took a look and the first thing I noticed was the staff and podcast icons in the dashboard were showing up as broken links. Here’s a shot of that:

I tried viewing the images directly and they are there. Here’s the address to the staff one: http://www.harbourfellowship.com/blognew3/wp-content/themes/epic/images/staff.png

I did some digging around (I installed the WP Editor plugin to help me access some theme files you can’t reach with the built in one). The URL that the admin is using for the scripts, styles and images in your dashboard won’t load any of those resources, but from the WP Editor, I can see that they are present.

I think it may be the periods in the theme folder name that are causing the trouble.

If you can I’d try changing that back to just epic or epic-1-1-9 to take out the periods and see if that doesn’t help.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Samuel
    Participant

I changed the foldername epic 1.1.9 to epic-1-1-9. The dashboard then told me that the website had no themes installed; I tested the website and it did not load. I changed the filename back to epic 1.1.9 again, and the site came back and the dashboard recognized that a theme was installed.

I noticed that there was a second epic folder (in the themes folder) named just epic. I deleted that folder and tried the above operation a second time. The result was the same.

Shane

Samuel
    Participant

Note: deleting the folder called epic did not cause any change to the site or dashboard.

Bill Robbins

Now that the other folder named epic is gone, try installing the theme again with a fresh copy. Something is wrong with the admin links in the theme and I do think it’s related to the folder name.

If you’d like a work around, you can upload the files in the media library and copy the URL from there and then paste it into the field in the podcast.

Let me know if I can help.

Samuel
    Participant

Will installing a fresh copy of the theme require us to redo our theme options?

Should I delete the epic 1.1.9 folder before the fresh install?

Bill Robbins

Great question. Your theme options should stay the same (they’re tied to the theme name set at the top of the style.css file). To be on the safe side, I would open up your current theme options page. Then in a new browser tab, I would install a fresh copy of the theme. Then if any options didn’t carry over, you can cut and paste them between tabs.

It won’t hurt to have the epic.1.1.9 folder there so I would just leave it while you update.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Samuel
    Participant

That did it! The upload file buttons are now working! Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Sweet! That’s great to hear.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload File button not working for me’ is closed to new replies.