Updating to Current Foundation Theme Version

Support Area Forums Foundation Updating to Current Foundation Theme Version

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Daniel Driscoll
    Participant

How do I update my Version of Foundation? I currently have version 1.1.1 and would like to update to the latest version. I could just add a new theme by renaming it, but I would like to keep our current info.

Thanks Dan

Bill Robbins

Daniel,

Here’s how I would suggest going about making the upgrade:

1) Go to the current theme options page and the browser tab open there.
    2) Open another tab to the widgets page and leave it there.
    3) Next open one last tab and go to Appearance > Themes then install new themes.
    4) Install the update as a new theme
    5) Now you can go to the new theme options page at Appearance > Theme Options.
    6) Copy over your settings from the first tab you opened to the new theme options page
    7) Your widgets should have stayed the same, but just in case they didn’t you can copy those over too.

You may need to unzip the updated theme and change the folder name and then zip it up again. Or after you open up the tabs in the old version, you can upload the new one via FTP to overwrite your existing theme.

We changed theme options pages so the only way to take care of the options is to move them over manually.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Daniel Driscoll
    Participant

Great! But it looks like my Events has dropped off!

Daniel Driscoll
    Participant

Forget that… Still there, but somehow it isn’t posting correctly… not sure if this was happening in old version though.

Bill Robbins

Are you having trouble with an events plugin?

Daniel Driscoll
    Participant

I believe I am. I thought it was something you had installed in your theme. when I first purchased last year. I also seem to have lost my Sponsors page in the menu section… I’ll have to try and redo the menu again to see if the conversion just needs me to update. If you want to take a look, shoot me an email and I can give you my Temp Admin login
    Dan

Bill Robbins

I’d be glad to take a look for you if you’re still having trouble. Just shoot an email to support@organizedthemes.com.

Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating to Current Foundation Theme Version’ is closed to new replies.