Updating Permalinks

Support Area Forums Agency Updating Permalinks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    SagaWeb2013
    Participant

Hi- I just changed my permalink settings to post the name of the page, instead of the defaults. Everything updated and saved, but now my URL links do not work.
    “The requested URL /current-openings/ was not found on this server.”
    Any ideas? We are working on our website on a development server. Thanks! B

Bill Robbins

Great question. Usually that happens when WordPress can’t make changes to the .htaccess file that’s on your server.

You can fix that by going to your web host’s control panel and selecting the file browser. You can also use a FTP program if you’d rather. Look for the root folder of your WordPress site and find the .htaccess file. Check the permissions on the file and make sure they are set to 755.

Then try updating the permalinks again. Hopefully WordPress will be able to write to the file now and make the necessary changes for you.

Generally if WordPress can’t write to that file, it will give you a small notice at the bottom of the Permalinks page.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

SagaWeb2013
    Participant

Thanks for this Bill- Hey I have another one for you. So I am trying to use Fontific for our Agency theme and I was reading a previous post of yours about how to update and change fonts. Is there a way to add an additional font parameter- like a Sub heading to the CSS with this plug-in? Hope this makes sense. Thank you! B

Bill Robbins

Great question. The plugin is made so that you can change the text of just about anything that exists in the HTML on the front of the site. You just have to be able to identify what you’d like to change. If it doesn’t exist already on the front of the site, you’ll need to add it there first.

In terms of a sub-heading, what are you looking to change? If you can point me to a spot on your web page and I can tell you what to enter so you can affect it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.