Updating Moonrise theme- disappearing general tab

Support Area Forums Moonrise Updating Moonrise theme- disappearing general tab

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://228coco.com
  • Author
    David Esrati
    Participant

Bill-
    Help I’ve tried to update the Moonrise theme twice.
    I have a child theme.
    When I upload the new version- the “General” tab disappears – as does my beautiful front page.
    Not sure what to do.
    Old version is 1.0.6
    new version is current…

Bill Robbins

David,

There was a pretty substantial change to the theme in version 1.1.0. The source for the front page content was switched from the theme options to using widgets. The images are still added in the theme options, but that’s it. Sourcing the front page from the options was too limiting for some restaurants with large or complex menus.

I did distribute the styling options throughout the tabs. So along with that, I renamed some of the tabs to make it a bit easier to tell what’s where. Most of the things that were in general are now in the header.

Depending on what’s happening in the child theme, there may be things you have to change in it in order to work with the update.

Or you can skip the update. It’s not required. If you’re happy with it as it is and you haven’t run into any trouble, you can keep on like you have been.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

David Esrati
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I guess I either spend time to change it to widgets-
    or I leave it.
    It works now.
    Thank you for your prompt response as always.

Bill Robbins

Sorry to be the bearer of difficult news. Version 1.1 was also where I added automatic updates so I knew if I wanted to make that change it had to do it before then. Without dashboard updates, most people never go to the trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating Moonrise theme- disappearing general tab’ is closed to new replies.