Unifirmity of home page widgets

Support Area Forums Bottega Unifirmity of home page widgets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://batchbakehouse.com/
  • Author
    Dandelion222
    Participant

One of the things that has always been a challenge with the widgetized homepage approach is being able to control the appearance of the sections. I have a site with 3 widgets – so it’s 3 columns. Is there a way to set it so all 3 areas are the same length?

Bill Robbins

There are a couple of ways you can approach that. One would be to use some CSS to apply a min-height to the #home-midde .widget that is equal to the height of the tallest widget. That would cause the shorter widgets to grow so they are the height that you set for the tallest one. The advantage of using a min-height instead of a height is if the content changes in the widget and it needs to be taller than the min-height, it can stretch. If a height is set it won’t allow it to stretch.

You could also use some javascript. To do that you would edit the custom-js.php file and locate this spot:

</script>

and right above that add this:

(See support post for code)

That’s adapted from another theme of mine and not from Bottega so I can’t promise it won’t run into any quirks, but it might work out well.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Unifirmity of home page widgets’ is closed to new replies.