unable to replicate the theme using demo content

Support Area Forums Church Builder unable to replicate the theme using demo content

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http:/http://biz205.inmotionhosting.com/~steelc25/
  • Author
    Durand Robinson
    Participant

I’ve tried two different church themes (church builder and pneuma). Thought I’d followed the instructions, but still don’t get the original artwork of the demo to replicate itself in my new site. I have all the plugins suggested installed and activiated. I’ve uploaded the xml and included the images (they’re in the gallery).

So what am I doing wrong?

Durand

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Durand,

Sorry for the trouble there. The WordPress import tools are not particularly good. I’d be happy to set up your site as a copy of either demo for you. If you’d like to do that, let me know which theme you’d like to use. You can post a login to the site here and mark the reply as private so I’ll be the only one who can see it. That would be the quickest way to get things arranged for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Durand Robinson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Durand Robinson
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Welcome to Birmingham after your missions adventures in Europe 🙂

I was able to log in with the demo account. It looks like that one is still set as a subscriber. The only one I could remember for sure was Demos4OT. Any chance you could temporarily set that one as an administrator.

I’ll be happy to set it up as a copy of Pneuma for you. It and Church Builder work very similarly to one another. The main difference is Pneuma has a built in slideshow or featured media area dedicated at the top of every page that is outside of the page builder.

Thanks!

Durand Robinson
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Perfect. Thank you for doing that.

I believe I have you set up with the Pneuma demo content. I did not add the slideshow image at the top of the About page as WordPress told me you were editing it at that time. You’ll just need to set an image there to have it show up. It will likely show the image from the demo on the backend when you’re editing. Just go on and select an image out of your media library (even the image you imported with the sample content) and that should make it visible.

There will be some duplicate content since both the Pneuma and Church Builder content was imported.

One other item, the series images are handled a bit differently between the two themes. Until this past spring, WordPress did not have a native way to handle meta data with taxonomies like the podcast series. We had to improvise a way to make that possible. Now there is a core method and Church Builder uses it. For backwards compatibility reasons, I have not changed the other themes.

As you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for your business,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘unable to replicate the theme using demo content’ is closed to new replies.