unable to do some things on Bottega theme

Support Area Forums Bottega unable to do some things on Bottega theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    M-E
    Participant

Hello, i was looking for a restaurant theme and fell on your website. I bought a 6 month membership cause i like multiple theme on your website and particularly Bottega, beautiful theme by the way. I download it yesterday and was surprise because i was unable to do some things. i have experience with wordpress and ordinary download theme from another website.

Here is what i wish to do but didn’t find how. (version 2.2.0)

1-insert text on the home template.

2-slider on every page – menu, staff, full width template.

3-hide page titles on every pages.

Thanks a lot!!!

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Thank you for your business first of all. Lets see if we can’t get you up and running.

1. Home page–the content on the home page is made up of widgets. You can add them by going to the Appearance section and selecting widgets. The demo uses a Facebook and a contact widget on the home page.

2. Sliders on inside pages–first edit the page where you’d like to have a slider. Next upload the images you’d like to have in the slider. You don’t need to insert the images into the content.

Once you’ve uploaded your images, look in the right hand column for a box labeled “Format.” In that box, choose “Gallery” and update your changes. That will add a slideshow to the top of that page. You can also choose “image” as the format to have the featured image at the top or “video” to show a video there.

3. Page title–you can hide the titles of pages here’s how:

Go to the styling tab of the theme options page.
    Scroll down to the custom CSS box and paste this:

.page h1 { display: none; }

Update your settings and that will hide you page titles.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

M-E
    Participant

sound great! i will try this when i come home.

So a text widget on the home page should work?

Thanks a lot for your awesome service!

Bill Robbins

Michel,

You can use a text widget to add content to your home page. If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Bill

M-E
    Participant

Hi, your theme don’t seem to like permalinks??? For security reason when i enable the permalinks, the “post boxes” on the home page stop working. in the admin section i put url in the redirect post box and on the site the post box only only redirect to the home page. When i disable the permalinks, everything start working fine.

Do you know why?

thanks

Bill Robbins

Michel,

Here’s something that you might try when you have permalink troubles. Go to your permalink settings page. Select the format you’d like to use. Click save. Wait for the page to refresh and click save again. That will clear out the permalink cache.

If you’re still having trouble, make sure your wp-config file (located in the root of your WordPress installation) is writable by WordPress. If it’s not, then WordPress can’t change the settings in this file and your new permalinks won’t work.

The permalinks should work. The demo uses the /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ structure but any of the available ones shouldn’t be a problem.

If you still have trouble, let me know,
    Bill

M-E
    Participant

Thanks a lot, i think i have one last question for you and after everything will be fine. I want to change the font on the navbar. can you give me a hint where i can change it. i check the style.css but find nothing.

thanks again

Michel Etienne

Bill Robbins

This spot in the style.css file controls the navigation menu items appearance:

.menu a, 
    .menu a:visited {
    	color: #fff;
    	display: block;
    	font-size: 16px;
    	padding: 6px 9px;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	font-style: normal;
    	margin: 0;
    }

It should appear around line 235. If I can help, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘unable to do some things on Bottega theme’ is closed to new replies.