Umami Question

Support Area Forums Umami Umami Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: test.tdnypizza.com
  • Author
    Domenic Patruno
    Participant

1) My client would like the menu to remain open the entire time. Can you please advise on how to do that?

2) I created subpages under the menu. To click on the submenu there is a little triangle that appears to the right of the menu. He would like to have that whole link available to click instead of the triangle, is there a work around on that?

3) Do you email us when an update is available?

4) I am having a hard time having the phone number be clickable on the iphone. I have followed one of the support links but it is still not working.

I am sorry if i should of created individual tickets for each question.

Really beautiful theme!

Bill Robbins

Good Afternoon Domenic,

Great questions. Let’s find answers for you:

Menu Changes

While you can make the menu open via CSS, to make this work like you’re describing we’ll need to alter the javascript in the theme just a bit. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php
    3. Look for this section:

jQuery('#primary-menu').slicknav({
      		label: '<?php echo of_get_option('mobile_navigation_name','') ?>',
      		prependTo:'#side-menu',
      		allowParentLinks: true
      	});

jQuery('#mobile-menu').slicknav({
      		label: '<?php echo of_get_option('mobile_navigation_name','') ?>',
      		prependTo:'#header-menu',
      		allowParentLinks: true
      	});

and change it to be like this:

(Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email).

4. Save your changes.

That should start the menu open and have the “menu” item open the sub-menu for you.

Updates

There will be a notification in your WordPress dashboard when an update is available. It will appear alongside plugin updates and updates to the WordPress core.

Phone Number Link

When you’re editing the contact information, there is a spot for the mobile dial number. Here you’ll just enter 9043227051 without any punctuation. That should match up with the link and tell phones that the number can be dialed.

If you have any other questions let me know. It’s generally good to have separate topics for questions. It becomes easy to miss things in follow up questions when there are lots of topics in a single post.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Domenic Patruno
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I followed your steps on the mobile phone and added the phone number just like this: 9043227051, on the iphone/ipad the phone number does not show up. Is there something I am doing wrong? Also, is the client has two phone numbers, is it possible to add both?

Thanks again for your help.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Domenic,

Sorry for not being more clear about the phone number. There are two fields in the contact widget for the phone number. The top one, the one just labeled phone is the number that actually appears on the front end of your site. This would be your human readable one so to speak where you have punctuation that fits your style.

The second one is the one that’s just the numbers themselves without any punctuation. The phone number ends up being a link where the top field is the link text that visitors see and the second one is the URL in a sense that is linked to.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Domenic Patruno
    Participant

Good Morning Bill,

That was perfect. Thank you so much!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic!

I did forget to reply to your question about two numbers. There isn’t a built in option for two separate numbers at one address. One work around might be to place both numbers in the first field, but only have the phone link to the first of the two. That way at least both are listed. Just a thought.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Umami Question’ is closed to new replies.